Stuck Abroad Pt.3

Stuck Abroad Chapter 3

Great Great Great!

How's it going?? Comments and votes :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't think any clearer. Not until my tummy made its sound and make my things-to-do list. Eat.

I walk to the first floor of the building. The cafeteria is a bit wide with some round tables scattered with rectangular tables. The counter are long rectangular with metal rails for the red food trays piled up in one of the rails' end. We don't pay here, they have our food fee included with the school fee. The cafeteria only have five workers. All women and from Indonesia - but they understand simple english.

I walk to the counter and take the tray. The foods are quite good. Ham and Cheese sandwich, Egg Sandwich, Fish and Chips, Fried Rice, Fried Chicken Fillet, Beef Teriyaki, Spaghetti Bolognese, cream soup ,and in the corner, chooped carrot, corn and peas.also some grean long thing I don't know what it is since I never ate it.

"What do you want?" A woman with tanned skin and round eyes and small nose asked me while cleaning her hands with her gray - it's actually white but it's aging and she don't use white clothe's anti-aging cream,bleacher -working uniform. Her accent is a bit odd. She gave more force in the letter d.

"I want spaghetti." I point the spaghetti beside the chicken teriyaki. She scoop a bunch of spaghhetti into my plastic plate,"...and cream soup,please." I smile at her. She take a white tiny bowl and put it on the counter. I take the spaghetti and the the soup and put it on my tray.

"Milk or juice?"

"Milk,please."

She take the milk and some sliced apple in a plastic from the refrigerator and put it on my tray. I said "Thank You" and staring at the empty cafeteria. I take my spoon and fork in the small table near the sink. They all use metal spoon, fork also knife.

"KRIIIIIIIIING!" The bell for recess time.

I go to the round table and sit on it. Waiting for Sasha and May. In a minute, students make a line near the counter. Taking trays and putting it on the rails. Sasha and May step into the cafeteria and wave at me. They are in the line.

I start to eat my spaghetti before it gets cold. The sweetness also the beef really works together well. The softness of the spaghetti al dente melted in my mouth. I take my spoon and dip it in to the soup. I blow it for a second then I put it in myt mouth. The cream really mixed well, the chicken in it really taste great. Everything are delicious. I love it here. Hahaha!

PRAAAK! I can hear a tray dropped somewhere not too far from me.

"Hey, partner." Aidan sit beside me with a tray full of ham and cheese sandwich also a chicken. His milk carton is a bit wet from the temperature outside the fridge. So does the apple. That means it has been more than a minute after they took it out. What is he doing here?

"What are you doing?" I asked him with a very normal yet persistent voice.

He open his sandwich bread and take the tomatoes and cucumbers away. " I want to eat with my friend. Is that wrong?"

"Friend? I am going to eat with my friends, but not you, them!" I point my finger to the place where I saw May and Sasha. They're gone already! O-ow.

"Are they the girls that are standing in front of the counter there?" He point his finger and said it with a mouth full of sandwich.

I turn my head and I find them staring with is-it-really-our-friend look. I wave my hand. They walk slowly to ou...no MY table.

"Hi! Mind if I come and seat?" Aidan smile to them.

"Eh...Su,sure. If it's fine with May." Sasha answered and turn her sight from Aidan to May. May nodded effortless. Great.

Sasha and May sit next to me and I sit at the other bench with Aidan! I can see girls looking to my place.

Sasha and May chat with Adam. The rigidness I felt at first seems to fade away. They talk normally like besties. I can't hear what are they saying. But, what I hear is my racing heartbeat. Why?

I think... No way. Not possible.

I am too mad. That's it.

"You live in Bella vista? Bella vista Sydney?" Sasha eyes almost popped out and she repeat the word again to make sure she is right.

"I used to live there. But I move to Melbourne. My Dad still live there." He grab his sandwich and have another big bite. His face looks normal but I smell something fishy.

"We live in Melbourne too!" May suddenly become more enthusiastic. She open her eyes wider than when she's paying attention at Physics.

"Really? That's great." He smile and eat his last bite of chicken fillet. He looks to normal. Argh! I can't help it! I have to ask!

"Why... Why don't you live with your dad?" I look at his face, scared if he glare at me and said I want too know too much about him.

He swallow his sandwich and look at me in the eyes," Because I want it." The simple answer is not what I expected. I guess he just don't want to tell. His privilege. He open his milk carton and drink it half. There's a silence in the midst of us.

"So, Aidan, where do you live in Melbourne?"May breaks up the silence and grab all the lost enthusiasms.

"I live around Flinders Street. Don't ask the address."

Sasha look so confused," Why?"

"Because I never remember it. I always remember the way. No one has ever visited my nest." He explain with a very relax tone and drink up all of his milk.

My guess,he's a loner or...a dork - yeah right,no dork looks as gorgeous as him. yeah right. I don't care.

"Why? You guys want to drop by?" He looked at each of us in the eyes. "Well,when we're having long holiday of course."

Sasha looked at May and me and back to him,"Yeah if that doesn't bother you."

What has gotten in her mind? Didn't she notice my rejecting signals? I really doubt I can deal with Aidan. He keeps getting on my nerves. Can't imagine what would happen tonight.