Forty | Run The Day

Alexander

Two and a half weeks. It took two and half fucking weeks to finally be rid of Amberley Da Ville and her little boy drama.

I have to give her something, she was a badass when it came to putting that kid in his spot and she's nothing like the stories I've heard of her but she still was a pain in the ass.

I felt a nudge. Micah was grinning up at me slightly. Usually I didn't have to put up with his constant talking but since my back injury, I couldn't fly. I was walking like some peasant.

"Yes Micah?"

"What's going to happen when we get there?"

I scowled but considered his question. Hell if I knew! Our two trespassers would be out of my hands as soon as we got there. And thank God for it! What happened to them was up to my father and his associates.

"It's not up to me..." I said dryly.

Micah stomped his foot frustratingly. "Well if it was up to you... what would you do?"

I answered without even thinking. "I would immediately execute them both. If the rest of the people under the Iniquitous saw we were taking in refugees, we would be overrun in a day."

Micah scoffed and glanced to Amberley. She was glorious today. Betty was braiding her hair loosely back and had tied her own blue ribbon on the end. It matched the color of her eyes. She glanced over at me and cocked an eyebrow. I purposely scowled and raised a ungentlemen like gesture. Her eyes widened for a split second before she glared and raised the same gesture back at me.

Micah was watching me when I looked back to him. He was smiling like an idiot and I could tell Amberley was watching us. I could feel her intense gaze on the side of my face.

"You couldn't kill her, you little bastard!" Micah exclaimed.

I sighed and slapped him on the back of the head with my wing. He cracked a grin and rubbed the back of his skull.

"I am the heir of Vex Mafia... do you really think I couldn't kill a insignificant little princess?"

I was perplexed. Why didn't Micah think I could kill her? I had wanted to do that exact thing since before I even met the girl.

"For starters, she is badass. For seconds, you like her," Micah said.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I don't know what you're referring to but in every instance, world, land, memory: I've never liked Amberley Da Ville..."

Micah only grinned harder at this. "Okay, no need to get frisky! Let's get back to what you would do..."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I would kill them and hang their bodies on our walls. The Iniquitous heir and Princess Amberley of Adana... they would be a good way of showing how much power Vex has," I said.

Micah finally frowned. "That's pretty harsh. You know you're talking about my brother and my friend right?"

"Since when is she your friend? And last time I checked, you're brother turned against you without a second thought... I doubt you would mind..."

A heard footsteps behind me. "He's right Micah, you either run the day or the day runs you."

Amberley was now walking besides Micah. She smiled at him warmly. I didn't miss how she avoided my gaze and the hurt behind her eyes. So what if I hurt her delicate girl feelings?

"Well, I want details. Beck says we're almost there and I can't help but feel like I'm walking into my own execution..." she explains.

"Maybe you are." I said under my breath. Amberley's ocean colored eyes snapped to mine. I could tell she was holding back her fury. Looks like I hit a nerve.