Four | Half Goddess, Half Hell

Evan
I hate to admit it but I was hurt. A couldn't think of one girl who wouldn't kill to wake up to me bent over them scandalously but here I was, rubbing the rising bump on head after the girl had screamed at the sight of me.

I scowled, she must of looked at Jeff to cause that much of an outburst. Yea, that sounded more feasible. I looked down at the girl who was riding the line between life and death. My breath caught for the thousandth time on this retched carriage ride as I took in her pale face.

Maybe she was a angel, but as her scream rang in my ear I though she might more likely be some damned banshee. God, that girl had some lungs. My hand seemed to have a mind of its own as it made its way to push her dark locks away from her beautiful face. What the hell was I doing?

I couldn't quite get over her unnervingly straight nose, long lashes, high cheekbones, and smooth skin. It just wasn't possible for someone to look like this. I glanced over at an unconscious Jeffery. I was suddenly glad that the girl had scream-knocked him out. He had been staring at the girls nearly exposed breast and long smooth legs for the past ten minutes.

I glanced away from the girl and Jeff, they were both distracting me from applying pressure to the girls wound. I honestly don't know how she's still alive, she has lost a scary amount of blood. Well, I guess I know who to come to if I needed a blood donation.

Suddenly, the carriage came to a jerking stop. I sighed, wondering how we're going to to get the strange creature into the elevator and to Eli, Clandestine's healer. Looking at Jeff, I raised my leg and jerked it into his knee. The kick alone wouldn't hurt any normal people that bad but Mr. Dramatic jerked awake with a shriek and groan. "What the hell?!"

"Hey stupid, you have to help me get her into the elevator!" I demanded at his frightened expression. He regarded the girl for a second before shaking his head.

"I'm not touching that...thing!" He exclaimed before stumbling to his feet and out the carriage. I took a death breath, remembering to keep my cool. A vague panic took hold of my body as I scooped the girl into my arms. Her dress was trailing behind us heavily but she was as light as air.

"The thing is a... girl, Jeff. I know there your worst fear but we have to get her to Eli." I yelled to him as he climbed down the ladder and into the elevator which was already opened for us. How nice.

I jogged to the hole and found Jeff looking up from the bottom. "You have to catch her!" I yelled. I doubt she could get any more hurt than she already is... right?

Fear took over his face as the limited color drained from his cheeks. "But she's bleeding everywhere! She'll get my suit dirty!"

I looked at the raven haired creature before yelling back at Jeff, "It's ugly anyways dude!" I tossed the girl into the air.

She seemed to float mid air and I literally thought she was was a angel but the moment past and she plummeted. Okay, fallen angel. I looked down and to my surprise, Jeff had caught her sturdily in his arms. He screamed as he took her in. Wow, we know who's the smooth charmer out of our duo.

Not wasting any time, I jumped into the elevator, forgetting the ladder, and pulled the lever. We dropped in a rush and I took the time to take the girl in my arms once again. My eyes widened at her pale, cold skin and crimson stained dress. Oh, she's a goner.