Thirty Six | Trust No Man, Fear No Bitch

Alexander

Three days...it took three days for Amberley Da Ville to become a whole new person. Ever since she gave up her horse to Jasmine, all she did was smile, joke and charm the pants of my friends.

I think they liked her too. It positively infuriated me to no bounds.

Currently she was waving her hands around dramatically. Her and Pierson had been arguing for the past hour on who was a better marksman with the bow and arrow.

"I am not being shallow!" She exclaimed.

Jasper laughed and shot her a incredulous look. "You just said 'I'm a goddess with the bow and arrow, many will try but none will exceed my skills'..."

She scoffed and looked to Taylor for support. The red head only shrugged with a hidden smile.

"Because it's true!" Amberley argued. She playfully glared at Jasmine as she hid her giggles behind her hand.

Amberley's shocking eyes scanned the distance of meadowlands we were treading through. Her eyes sparked as they fell upon something.

"I could hit that tree easily!" She claimed. I followed her pointed finger and cocked an eyebrow at her. There was a single tree in the distance, so far away I had to squint.

"I'm calling her bluff!" Micah stated boldly. She only glared at him and placed her hands on her hips.

"Pierson, give me your bow..." she said. Pierson only shrugged his meaty shoulders and handed it off to her. My eyes widened and I shut forward to rip the weapon out of her hand.

"She doesn't get any weapons! She's our fucking prisoner!" I said, glaring at Pierson.

Amberley only rolled her eyes and ripped the bow back to her chest.

"You're just scared I might show up your Reapers..."she challenged.

The group had halted to a stop to witness our exchange. I scowled at her words. No one was better than my Reapers.

"Fine, you won't hit it anyways. You probably couldn't even lift that massive bow with your scrawny little arms."

She only smirked as Pierson handed her a wicked arrow. She stepped away from the group and took a deep breath. She squinted into the distance as she raised the bow.

It looked so natural in her hands that I wanted to punch her upside her pretty little head. To my dismay, she turned to look at me behind her back. She smiled wickedly at me as she let go of the arrow.

With wide eyes, the group followed the arrow. I scoffed as the arrow sunk into the middle of the trees trunk. The group burst into cheers and praises.

I only scowled and she bowed dramatically. She was laughing as Pierson threw her over his shoulder and raced towards his arrow.

I fluttered my wings in frustration. How dare she come into my people and make them like her so much? Why did the bitch have to be so damn diplomatic and likable?

I felt a presence besides me. Micah was watching the chattering Reapers as they shouted and cheered. Pierson and Amberley were now rolling around the ground in a wrestling match. The muscle man had an obvious edge.

"Shut up," I called to the blonde next to me, knowing he was going to retort some remark.

"I didn't even say anything..." he muttered with a smile.

"I don't care. Just shut up."

A moment of silence passed. Amberley had managed to get on top of Pierson and he was clearly flustered at her position on top of him. The group was laughing hysterically.