Thirty Three | Fairy Boy

Alexander

I hated flying in the woods. It gave me zero to no room to spread my wings and the trees and branches were viciously sharp as they dug into my sensitive appendages.

There was only one thing I hated more than flying in the woods; flying after spoiled royal bitches in the woods.

Don't get me wrong, it was actually quite impressive. It wasn't easy to outrun a flying man but here the bitch was, keeping a enviable pace and laughing giddily while she does it.

"Why the hell are you laughing? I'm going to kill you when I catch you!"

This only made her laugh harder.

"You know, I never thought I was going to leave Clandestine... yet here I am, being chased by a fairy boy through the woods!"

I had no idea how she managed to sound so even. She had been sprinting for nearly an hour now. The term "fairy boy" only made me hate the bitch more.

"Call me fairy boy one more time, I dare you."

"Fairy boy...try and keep up."

I growled and ducked beneath and low set of branches.

"I hate you."

She ignored me and only chuckled again. "I was a horrible runner only a year ago. My father used to punch my chest so hard, I couldn't walk without losing my breath."

I narrowed my eyes. What was she talking about? Why would her father punch her in the chest?

"How about I take your father's place?"

For the first time, she stopped laughing and sucked in a breath. Looks like I struck a nerve.

"Go to hell, fairy boy," she grumbled.

An idea suddenly struck my mind.

"Amberley?" I questioned.

She didn't hesitate before responding.

"Yes?"

I furrowed my brows. So she really was the Princess? I hoped that she was just an imposter and I could actually kill her.

"Now I know who you are!"

She scoffed. "I used that trick when I was a toddler!"

I flew past a tree, barely avoiding a collision. I was running on luck now. Just as I was about to threaten the princess again, I heard her footsteps stop.

I listened closely but I heard nothing, not even a snap of a twig. I slammed into the ground, some vegetation absorbing the impact.

I strained to hear the girl.

"Finally tired?" I questioned. I made sure to use my wings to levitate my feet above the ground. I was completely silent besides my voice.

Amberley didn't respond. I finally heard a twig snap and I spun around. A large rock flew past my head. It barely missed my face and I turned to see a panting Amberley.

I glared at her and surged forward. I pushed her back onto the ground and I straddled her waist. Her black hair surrounding her head like a demons halo and her blue eyes were stormy.