At the airport, Dan saw a familiar face, a male with raven black hair and pale skin. It was Phil.

"Hey, Phil!" Dan called. 

Phil turned around and smiled at the younger boy. "Hello, Dan."

"Which flight are you taking."

"The one to Manchester. You?" It was eerily similar how Phil and Dan's soulmate talked. 

"Berkshire."

"Cool. I'm on flight 7."

"I'm flight 5 so we can walk together."

Phil smiled at the shorter boy. "That'd be fun."

Dan walked with Phil. They talked about Phil's childhood rabbit and Dan's countless times of being caught on fire (6 times to be exact). 

"How did you not realize you were on fire?" Phil asked.

Dan laughed. "I realized when someone pointed it out or when I felt the flames burning my flesh."

"Painful."

Dan nodded. "Yeah it is."

"Here's my stop. It was fun talking to you, Dan! I'm sorry about yesterday's mishap and do me a favour and don't catch on fire while you're in Berkshire."

Dan waved goodbye at his new friend. "Bye, Phil. I swear on my life."

Phil smiled and walked off, leaving Dan to walk to his flight silently.

Dan boarded his flight and he was in one of those individual seats where he wouldn't have to talk to anyone. He really didn't feel like reading, on playing on his phone and using precious data. Instead, he talked to his soulmate.

So, what are you doing for the holidays? Dan asked his soulmate.

Dan could imagine the person shrugging. I get to visit my engaged brother and my ecstatic parents and other family.

Seems like hell.

Sometimes it is. Sometimes it isn't.

Do you want to keep talking over the break.

Yeah. I would like that.

Dan smiled as he continued mind-talking to his soulmate. He looked at his Soulmark. It was painful when it appeared on his wrist. He put a bandage on it because of the outline of his vein had been visible. But the outline disappeared over the days, and he was happy about that. Now he could show his family that he wasn't a Fallen Soul. That he actually didn't have a dead soulmate. The only problem about this equation was that Dan didn't even know the name of his soulmate. The shape of the Delta made him feel safer talking to his unknown soulmate than to his disapproving parents about him being a Fallen Soul. Adrian had liked that he was related to a Fallen Soul, there was only a handful of them in England, but what would be his reaction when he found out that he wasn't one of them. He had contemplated this the entire flight, taking breaks to talk to his soulmate, watching a film or eating. The flight ended and Dan had to face his family. 

Exiting the plane, he searched for his family. He only found out that his brother, now 16 had shown up. 

Dan assumed that they didn't care.

The younger boy smiled when he saw his role model. "Dan!" Adrian yelled.

Dan wrapped his hands around his younger brother. "Adrian! How have you been recently?"

"Good."

They talked the entire way to the car where his parents were.

"Why didn't they come in?" Dan asked Adrian before their parents looked up from their phones.

"They thought you had a later flight, Dan," Adrian said. Dan couldn't tell if he was lying.

They entered the back of the silver car. 

"Mum!" Adrian exclaimed. "You owe me 20 pounds!"

Dan's mother smiled. "Fine. How has University been, Dan?"

"Good," Dan said. 

She gave her oldest son a smile. "I love you, Dan."

"Mum. I have to tell you something. You and Dad and Adrian."

Dan's father, mother and brother looked at him.

"You might not like this but," Dan paused, taking the sleeve of his sweatshirt off. "I got my mark."

The only woman in the car's eyes light up. "Oh my God! Dan I'm so happy for you!"

 Adrian, on the other hand, eye's darkened. "Cool."

"We need to celebrate!" Dan's dad said.

Adrian looked at the car's surroundings. And he stayed silent the entire car ride. 

A/N this is the largest chapter yet! Thank you guys so much for 100+ reads! And that's on the first two chapters alone! No but really, this fic has been like my child over the last couple weeks. It's been one of the things to make me not try to break open razors (which i have tried to do recently). Thanks again for your support!