chapter | 13

"Are you really her?" Jimin started. The tension was there, in the way he stared at her and in the balls of his feet as he stood frozen before his past, "Are you really Kang Soojin?"

She sent him a soft smile that unmistakably resembles Soojin's, "I never thought I'd hear that name again." Yi Na took a step closer until she could touch his face. She brushed her finger on his lips, "Never thought it'd come from your lips either."

Jimin grabbed her wrist, moving her hand away from him when his theory was confirmed, "After all these years why would you come back? What do you want?"

"I want you, Jimin." She said with such determination, "I can forget getting revenge if you come away with me now."

"Revenge?" Jimin pitied her, but most of all, he blamed himself for everything she has become. "Soo Jin, I don't want that for you. I don't want you to waste your time planning revenge on worthless people like me."

"I didn't mean you." She said, taking her hand back from his grip, "I meant your girlfriend. She took everything that's mine. Suga, Taehyung, Jungkook and when she still wasn't satisfied she took you too."

"She didn't steal anything from you. You don't own any of us, Soo Jin." Jimin watched as her expression never changed. "You can't just own a person."

"Enough." She yelled, "Leave her and be with me, Jimin. Refuse and I'll make sure to ruin her life just like I ruined yours. I'll make sure you watch every bit of it but if you come with me now, I won't touch a single strand of hair on her pretty little head."

"You're not supposed to be happy together after what you did to me. You promised me that you will stay." Yi Na's expression softened as she wrapped her arms around him, resting her head on his chest. "You should only be happy with me, Jimin. It's all your fault after all. Don't forget that you started it all."

He couldn't push her away knowing that she was right. He did make those promises to her and it's not too late to set things straight again. For everyone's sake, he would take the fall.

For Mara. She shouldn't get involved in his consequences. It was his mistake and so he should take the responsibility for turning her into this.

"Fighting is useless, Jimin." She added, stroking the back of his head. "You know I won't leave her alone, not when you're with her. In the end, all your actions will hurt Mara. She could die, you know, silently disappear like my parents. Remember?"

"If I do this," He broke away from her body and met her gaze, "Can I really trust that you will keep your promise?"

Yi Na showed him a smile, "I won't even look her way." She leaned in closer, taking his lips in her crimson ones. "You're mine, Jimin. You were mine first so I'm only taking back what's mine."

...

His eyes was fixed on her. She stood under the night sky, in the middle of the lights, she was the prettiest. Jimin slowly made his way to her, silently so he won't interrupt her as she watched the fireworks display he secretly arranged for her and then made an excuse out of thin air just so he could watch it with her.

"Happy new year, love." Jimin slide his hands around her waist and whispered in her ear. She turned around and smiled up at him, her hands reaching for his face as she kiss his lips.