chapter | 10

His fingers were freezing from being exposed to the cold but Hoseok warmly flashed a smile to me. He was patting my head excessively all day and being caring all of a sudden like makes me afraid.  What kind of favor is he going to ask me this time?

"Why do you keep smiling at me like that?" I told him as he found a table for us.

"Because I thought I'd never see you again." Hoseok said.

"What are you saying? We literally saw each other the other day." I gave him a look. I'm not even going to lie. I am very much confused with the way he was behaving all of a sudden, "What's happening with you? Do you want to get checked up at the hospital?"

"No. It's nothing." He grinned and picked up the menu. "What do you want to eat?"

I shrugged it off and scanned the list of drinks for awhile, wanting to have something warm, "Hm. I'll have something warm." I told the girl who was taking the orders down. "Hot coffee. No cream and less sugar. I don't want it to be sweet."

"You don't like sweets?" Hoseok asked as if he was hearing it for the first time, ever so attentive to the things I like.

"Yeah. I don't have a sweet tooth." I replied, "I'm a weird girl, maybe I got it from my dad? I don't know but I've always liked everything my dad likes."

Mara was suddenly so bright in his eyes, her laugh like sunshine lighting up his world. Hoseok felt like he was in an endless daydream. He thought he has forgotten this feeling but once again he was reminded of those days. In the garden, under the warm sun, he would watch her as she dream beautiful dreams in her small little cradle. All the little pieces of those happy memories coming back to him and he feels his heart melting.

Mara smiled without worry. He thought he would never be able to see her blooming smile. He wished he was there to see her first steps, hear her first words. Hoseok was glad she didn't have a harsh life when he was separated from him. He could never forgive himself if she suffered alone while he was living a dream of a life; eating well and sleeping well all by himself.

I caught him again, watching me while smiling to himself. "You're looking at me like I'm a newborn puppy."

"Because you are." Hoseok cupped my cheeks in his hands and played with them. "A very cute one."

I blushed, streaks of pink tainted my cheeks. "I-I'm not cute!" I told him and pried his hands off my face. "Cut it out, Jung Hoseok. I'm serious."

"I will stop if you call me oppa." Hoseok caught my hand.

"W-Why?"

"Come on, I'm still older than you. Just try it." Hoseok insisted.

"No freaking way! After all these years, why do you want me to call you that?" And I resisted but his pout was too convincing. I was haunted by it. "Fine. I'll call you that word, but just this once!"

"Wait!" Hoseok beamed and took his phone out, aiming the camera at me, "Okay, go."

"That's cheating! Why are you recording me?" I stood up and tried to snatch his phone away from him.

"So I can brag about it to the guys." Hoseok held his phone way over his headed, holding me away in arms length. "It's not everyday I'll get you to call me oppa."