chapter | 5

11:26pm | Emerald Bliss Hotel

"This way, Mr. Park." The bellboy led the way to the reserved room where his client was waiting faithfully.

She stood up when he entered, waltzing behind him was his secretary, a fine young man equally attractive as his boss. The woman smiled at them both, showing off her elegance and inviting them in for a drink and a bit of small talk before they start with the real deal.

"Sorry for being late." Jimin started.

She smiled sweetly, "No, it was my fault for calling for a meeting so suddenly."

"I'll leave the documents here, sir." Jackson placed the papers on top of the table on Jimin's right side. "I'll be outside if you need anything."

"Thank you, Jackson." Jimin allowed his secretary to step out of the room first before he began to speak to his VIP client.

"I hope I didn't interrupt with any of your plans." She added.

"No, not at all." Jimin lied, she did interrupt something, his leisure time with his girlfriend. He had to leave Mara in the middle of their movie night.

Yi Na eyed the man as he took the seat across her, noticing the change in his looks, "Blonde hair suited you perfectly. Why change it back to black?"

"Somebody told me I matched dark colors better." Was Jimin's reply at the comment directed at him, "May I ask why you wanted to meet so urgently this late in the evening?"

Kang Yi Na's lips curved up into a dreamy smile, "My boss wanted me to relay an important message to you, Mr. Park. He wants to double his investment in your company."

Jimin stared at the pretty doll, her eyes very flattering and her gestures filled with class. He assumed that this woman shouldn't be handled so easily. "Double his investment in only a short period of time?" He questioned her credibility, "Although it would be the company's benefit, I can't help but think that this sudden interest in my company is quite unusual."

"Of course. You are allowed to think like that." Yi Na added, "You said see, William, is a generous man and once he has taken a liking to something he tends to show his fondness excessively."

"You mean to say that he likes me?" Jimin slightly chuckled at the absurdity of the situation.

"William has been keeping an eye on you ever since you took over the company. He knew your father is a wise business man and so he expected a lot from you." Yi Na explained, words flowing from her lips eloquently, "And it seems like you've won his trust over. This is a huge opportunity, Mr. Park."

Inside Jimin's mind, he was weighing the options, the pros and the cons, the loopholes of the deal. Everything about this whole deal was suspicious but what if it's really true, what this woman is saying. His thoughts were interrupted when his phone vibrated in the pockets of his blazer. Yi Na noticed this and gestured for him to see who it was.

The message was from Mara. He wondered what it's about, was she mad that he left? He pressed his thumb over the screen and his eyes soaked in the sight of his girl, on his bed, the clothes she wore for the evening stripped off and instead she wore one of his work shirts, unbuttoned as she laid back against his sheets in her underwear.

Jimin had to swallow before letting his fingers type with urgency across the screen of his phone, "What are you doing? I'm in the middle of an important meeting."