chapter | 4

8:20 am | william's penthouse

The doorbell rang, the annoying sound ricocheted off the walls. Who the fuck is ringing at my door at this time of the day? I grabbed the revolver I keep under my pillow and the remote at my bedside. I looked through the cameras, hand cradling the coldness of the gun's metal grip, a finger hovering over the trigger. Although I thought it was too soon for my enemy to know where I was, I enjoyed the rush that the gun gave me. The mentality of having anyone at my feet with just a single blow. I adore seeing crimson. The vibrant color painting the walls, the sickly viscous substance sticking onto the soles of my shoes, tainting my hands. I was made for it but he wasn't, the coward who ran away from home.

"It's me, William."

She was at my door again. She doesn't know the definition of enough. Too much greed for such a young thing. She's just like me; a slave to her own desires. Her sleek figure stood outside the door of a man she doesn't fully know. What a brave girl, this one is. I was right to use her as a tool.

I clicked on a button and the door unlocked by itself. She came in, moving confidently in my space, pompous yet graceful. She held an element of beauty around herself. This woman is no longer a thing of the past. She resembles nothing from her past.

Physically, she has no flaws because I made her perfect. Dressed in designer clothing, she stood tall. Her beauty incomparable because I made her like that. I made her into what she is now but this woman isn't a tad grateful.

"What do you want?" I placed the heavy gun on the table beside my unmade bed. My fingers grazed over the velvet material of my robe, smoothing it over my back in a swift manner, "Didn't I tell you to call beforehand? You know I'm not fond of disobedience."

"You're never fond of anything." She replied with a bored groan. "I came by to tell you the good news. He signed the contract this morning. We have infiltrated his company and soon, I'll get his trust." Yi Na sauntered across the room, to my personal bar. She threw her trench coat aside and went to mix herself a drink. "He doesn't suspect a thing. Jimin, he's still the same as always, too thirsty for his own good."

"I don't fucking care about your own vengeance but bear this in mind. I will fucking kill you myself if you mess up my plans. You should be careful not to give yourself away." I reminded her, the words formed from my tongue were as sharp as a knife but she dodged them all and only smiled in response.

"I understand that you're worried but that won't happen and besides, I have no plans of dying in your hands." She swirled the half filled glass in her pretty manicured hands, "Don't take me lightly. I'm not as foolish as I was before."

"Very well." I fixed myself a drink before staring at the view outside my window, the whole city below bustling below my eye level. Tracing the lines of busy cars, "Now, we wait." A smile cracked along my lips. Soon, he will come looking for me, wanting to put a bullet through this thick skull of mine, wishing so bad he could.

"I invited him to come and play with us." I turned around and found her eyes darted dangerously at me. I wouldn't be surprised if one day, betrayal would come knocking at my door in the form of her with the gun's cold nozzle trained at my head. It wouldn't take long for a greedy girl like her to switch sides so I must act fast.

"I'm well informed." She picked her coat up, smoothing a hand over her fitted dress, "He is the only person you trust after all. Am I right?"