PROLOGUE: The Disaster

A/N: Sakuno-centric/Ryoma-centric... Sakuno POV and Ryoma POV in the next chapters. Various POVs in some parts especially if it's away from Ryoma and Sakuno's ears... in short it's a Switching PoV!!!

Warnings: Mature Themes

*In honor of the disaster that happened in 2011 in Japan, Iwate Prefecture.

....

PROLOGUE:

Ryuzaki Sakuno is currently walking down the street going to the train station. She's truly happy when Echizen Ryoma confessed to her that he loves her after they graduated in middle school. Now that they are together, of course she's happy!!! For the whole time of their vacation, they've been spending a lot of time with only themselves. She really doesn't know if her feelings did reach her until she finally saw him inside with their train tickets, waving it for her to see. She still remembered that very happy and important day for her. It was the best of all. She ran over him and held his right arm. She's lucky... she's everything for him now and he'll do everything to protect her.

FLASHBACK:

"Ryuzaki-chan... can I talk to you?" Ryoma asked her as Coach Ryuzaki is currently advancing near them. Ryoma smiled and he didn't feel ashamed to let his coach know how much he cares for her. He pulled her in his arms and told him, "My feelings for you is deeper than friendship. I'm afraid you won't accept it. I've been showing it to you little by little. Girls are known to quickly learn what they have inside of them which confuses them but we, boys have a lot to think about. I casted out tennis for a while before graduation to think about what I feel for you and why you are important to me. Now, I know. Suki desu... Sakuno-chan."

Sakuno's eyes widened in surprise but she's happy. She lowered her head and cried on his chest. This made Ryoma worry for her. He pulled her out of him and asked, "Hey... why are you crying? Well, if you don't love me back, it's ok."

Sakuno stopped crying and smiled, "Suki desu, Ryoma-kun!!! Hountou suki desu, Ryoma-kun!!!"

He smiled and kissed her forehead. That was the happiest time she had with him and she knows he'll add more of it. Ryoma quickly told his coach about how he feels for her grand daughter which she accepted the next morning.

"She accepted you?" she asked as she was standing that day as the sun is rising. Coach Ryuzaki smiled while her arms are closed.

"Yes, she accepted me," he replied.

"Take care of her, will you?" she told him.

"Mochiron!!! " he told her.

"Don't ever make her cry!" she warned him.

FLASHBACK END.

...

It should have been the happiest day for Ryoma and Sakuno but the couple quickly felt strange inside the moving train. Suddenly, the train stopped and the ground beneath them shook. Sakuno held on Ryoma. It only lasted for few minutes until it stopped. Everyone peeked at the window and saw a large tidal wave, a tsunami coming at them. Ryoma knew that this a disaster She quickly ordered Sakuno to hold on in anything to steady herself up. He told her to never let go of the pole as everything turned black and cold. Ryoma is also in front of her as he was also holding the pole. The next thing she remembered is that, her whole world seemed to be in a big twirl. Everyone are trying not to let go of what they were holding. The train broke apart and the disaster left thousands of deaths, injured and missing.

The disaster happened so quickly that when Sakuno opened her eyes, she saw Ryoma's half bleeding heavily under the devastated train. She noticed that there is a large, heavy metal that pinned his lower extremities down. He's unconscious and he's not moving. He's face down the ground and he was so pale. She quickly stood up, went to him and touched his face. In her shock, she called for help.

When the rescuers heard her voice, they quickly helped her up but she can't move. She knows she cannot leave Ryoma alone. "H-help Ryoma!!! Not me!!!"

"Don't worry, ma'am!!! We'll also help your friend!!! Just let us do our work!!!" they told her but she pushed them away and her knees fell. "Help him...," she croaked.

The two rescuers pitied her and so, they obeyed her. They quickly pushed the debris of the train that's under Ryoma's lower appendages. Sakuno looked everywhere. Here and there were scattered dead bodies. There are only few people like Sakuno who had minor injuries. Luckily for Sakuno and Ryoma, they were one of the first ones to be rescued. Sakuno only received minor injuries while Ryoma has to be quickly operated inside the emergency room and because even the hospitals in Iwate, Japan are devastated, he has to be transfered in Tokyo immediately. Sakuno watched as the doctors and nurses carry him up inside the ambulance. There's a male nurse holding an IV and a male doctor keeping the oxygen mask in his nose and mouth to keep him breathing. Sakuno went up with them.

...

A/N: I do wish you like my story!!! Read, comment and vote please!!!