Warmed Heart

A/N:The title of the side story is Please, Stay. I hope that you read the side story!
...

The next day, Ryoma called Sakuno by the phone and asked her to accompany him somewhere special he'd want to pay respect with.

Ryoma had asked his two grandfathers that he'd want to visit his biological father's grave that Christmas and show him, his chosen lady he'd prefer to marry.

Of course, Shuichiro and Jiroh were surprised by his decision but, they know that Ryoma would want that to complete himself. Jiroh then told him that since his father was the only Christian in their family, he was buried under a Christian grave near a Buddhist Graveyard which is between two different religions in Tokyo.

He felt happy but a bit sad, too.

Ryoma was waiting for Sakuno that afternoon outside their mansion where Secretary Takanayori would transport them to his father's graveyard.

When Sakuno came, she was just wearing a floral blouse and blue pants, happily.
....

As they were being transported, Sakuno noticed Ryoma's sad eyes until he spoke to her, "My life changed. I can't even go back to the way I was before... I received lots of challenges and there will be more but, in this winter, I don't feel cold or sad anymore. Spring has just passed, Autumn had just left... Snow is going down and covers the earth turning it white... The waters froze... My heart froze for a while....
I never knew how to smile before but, an angel taught me. When she smiled at me, I knew that she's the only girl for me. I won't want to lose her... Never... I love her. I had been sick but she didn't leave me. She gave me strength, she was always there...! Sakuno, thank you for everything. Won't you ask where we're going?"

"No, Ryoma-kun. I won't. Wherever we are, I know that it's special for you," she told him.

When she looked at him, that's just where she noticed that Ryoma is wearing a black coat. She suddenly blushed and asked, "Why are you wearing black?"

Ryoma looked out at the window while the sun is setting, "I don't know how long Takanayori-san would take us to our destination but... I just want to visit my biological father, Echizen Keisuke."

Sakuno stared at him, "Why bother visit him?"

"Since I learned that the father who raised me wasn't truly my father, I'd want to see him and know more about him but for now, I want to show you to him. I want to go back and say that I already know the truth about myself," he told her.
....

When they were already in front of his father's grave, he smiled and thanked God. "Father... I am a bit disappointed that I never knew you... You may not even know about me, too! Father... wherever you are right now... I want you to know that I was filled with emptiness when I learned the truth that my real father's gone. I want to know more about you! Who are you to me? Why... why suicide? You have mom with you... You might even be surprised that a young man named Ryoma claimed that you are his father...," Ryoma touched the grave and tears fell out of his eyes.

Suddenly, he punched his father's grave and screamed, "Mou ii!! Father... I hope you're happy now even you didn't see me even as a baby."

He held Sakuno's hands and kissed her. Sakuno, of course, is surprised. He tightened their hug and looked at her with red on his cheeks, "Gomen..."

He left the grave and ordered Secretary Takanayori that he wanted to go back home. When they were already at the car, Ryoma entered first but Sakuno just stood, staring at Takanayori.

"Young mistress, please enter the car now," he told her but Sakuno shook her head.

Takanayori knew that Sakuno wanted a private talk to him upon looking at her sad eyes. He closed the car's door but Ryoma seemed not to notice. He's spaced out and seemed to be depressed. They walked a bit farther from the car.

Taka now asked her, "Young Mistress, what do you want to know?"

"Anything... Ryoma... Ryoma...," her tears fell and it clenches her heart terribly. The stars shine brightly up at the sky. "He's not the man who'll cry like this!!!!"

Takanayori was surprised. "It's Christmas, young shoujo. I won't call you formally as you have to learn something important and for you to understand him. You're as dense as ever. I wonder how he'll take care of you after marriage." He stood straight and told her, "He lost his real father without even sharing a bond with him. He's hurt to know that the father who raised him is not his real dad. Understood? Now, you need to fill that gap and remind him that everything will be fine. Give him more hope. He may have changed into a tennis prince into an heir but young master is young master, Sakuno-chan. He's still the man you fell in-love with."

Soon after he said that, Sakuno dragged herself inside the car and embraced Ryoma, shocking him. "Your real father's proud of you! I'm sure of it!"

Ryoma asked, "Are you sure of that?"

Sakuno looked at her face to face, "Yes, Ryoma-kun!"

Ryoma smiled and joyful tears came out.
....

A/N: A sequel/side story about Tezuka is the next book. I hope you read it, too! Please, Stay is the title!