Chapter 2: Nightmares in Reality

I turn around to see what was behind me, and it's that boy from graduation again. "What are you doing?" I asked him trying to calm down a little bit. "You startled me."

"Sorry, I uhh....was coming to see if you were okay, you seemed scared at graduation." He said nervously.

"No, I'm fine." I reply trying not to waste time so I can get home. "I need to go. My mom needs help with..... stuff. I'll talk to you later."

He looked down disappointed and just stood there watching me as I walked home. I didn't let him distract me, but if I never made up a story that I needed to get home. He would have asked me out again. Truth is my mom and dad was gone. Where? I wasn't sure, but I lived alone. It was only me and my pet dog, Molly.

I tried to get home as quick as I could because that boy had a weird vibe to him. The way he.... stared at me and the way that he was always there. His friends were that way too. There's just something really odd about them. Something that I can't put my finger on, but if I could it'd probably scare me half to death. 

I placed my things onto the counter when I made my way inside. Taking my shoes off on the welcome mat at the front door. I went to the bathroom, stripped off all my clothes, and took a nice hot shower to sooth my day. Then when I got out, I throw some clothes on, and I went downstairs only to find that I had a text message on my cell phone.

Unknown: Hey, you look nice in that outfit. One of these days you got to invite me over, so we can have you and me time.

I stared at the phone with my eyes bulging out of my head. I rush over to one of my windows and look outside. I don't see anybody. "Hey! How can you see me?" I text the mysterious person back. I stay kneeling at the window and I notice something move in a bush.

Unknown: Look up around you, Princess. I'm always around you, maybe not physically but I can see your every move. Destiny, you don't understand. You’re someone extremely special to me, and so I'm watching you because you’re my love. Xx

I slam my phone to the floor to try and make that unknown creep stop messaging me when I looked up at my ceiling and suddenly hear what sounds like a camera zooming in. He's got a camera in the house! Ugh, this made me furious. I marched to my room, taking my cell phone with me and through it on the stand. Then I through myself onto my bed, and screamed into my completely soft pillow.

If he is able to put a camera in my house, who knows how many are watching me right now. A tear of terror forms and drips onto my pillow. I grab my phone and dial 911 and tell the operator about the cameras and the strange man who is texting me. They say I'm just overreacting and that makes me even more furious. My phone goes off, and it's unknown person again.

Unknown: Darling, what's wrong?

Leave me alone! What do you want with me!? I text back trying to hold every one of my tears in.

Unknown: Darling, I want you, and your love. You’re my everything, can't you see how much I love you. Turn on the TV and watch the person I killed. A nice waitress who just had it coming. You see, Destiny, I'll even kill for you.

I stare at the screen of my phone and then turn my TV on. I flip to the local news channel and there it is. A story about a waitress who got killed by a shadowy figure.

Who are you? I type then send to that person.

Unknown: That's not important right now my love. The only thing that's important is how much I love you, and how much I'll kill for you. No one understands you as much as me, and if you want I can prove how much I love you again.

"Don't!" I scream inside of typing. I take the battery out of my phone and smash it into a million pieces on the floor. "I don't want you. I don't want anyone!!!"