Chapter Nineteen

Looking for a trailer maker!! Comment if you're interested :) 

Arms lifted me from the floor. 

Okay... so I wasn't dead. That was a good thing, right? Maybe... would I be better off dead? My head did hurt a lot, after all...

I snuggled further into the chest of the person holding me, "M-my head..."

I couldn't finish my sentence. Each word made my head pound.

"You bumped it pretty hard, Dove," Christian said softly as he carried me. 

I whimpered and curled further into him. 

"Park," I forced his name out, through my headache.

"Stay quiet, Dove," he murmured.

"N-no," I said quickly, "I have to... say th-th-this."

I took a deep breath. My world was still slightly spinning, though I wasn't on the floor now.

"What do you need to say, Dove?" he asked quietly.

I murmured softly, "Even though... we were forced together... in a, in a science... thingy... I th-think..."

I had to pause. My head was hurting too much. 

I didn't need to finish. Christian slowly whispered, "I feel the same way, Dove."

I nodded against his chest with a small smile before falling back into my deep sleep. 

***

I sat up slowly, rubbing my eyes. I was tucked into my bed in my favourite PJs, with a major headache. I yawned loudly and slid my legs to the side of my bed so I was sitting. On my bedside table was a glass of water and two tablets that resembled panadol. Who did that? Who knew I was going to wake up with a headache? Last I remember I was waking up to go to the bathroom at a god-awful hour. I can't exactly remember how I got back into bed, though...

I took the panadol tablets anyway, tipping my head back with the glass. Standing up, I glanced around for the calendar. What day was it again? I felt quite drowsy for some reason. 

Thursday? I had thought it was Tuesday today... I was more drowsy than I originally thought. I changed into the school uniform, tying my hair back, and then went to the toilet to do my business. I frowned, looking at my underpants. My pad had overflowed? It never does that... Usually, my period is pretty light... I went back to my room and took a pad and tampon from my drawer, plus a fresh set of undies. 

After cleaning up, I grabbed my satchel and glanced at the time. Breakfast had started fifteen minutes ago. I was beyond late. 

I hurried into the dining hall and everyone stopped talking, staring at me. I gulped. What had I done? I glanced down to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything important like my skirt. 

Slowly, I moved to sit down between Bree and Olivia. They both stared at me with wide eyes. Em whispered across the table, "You're up?"

"Y-yeah?" I stuttered, "Why didn't you wake me before you left, Emily?"

Emily furrowed her eyebrows at me and blinked, "You've been asleep for two days! Don't you remember what happened?"

I shook my head slowly, "Two days? What happened to me?"

"Monday night," she hissed, "Or... early Tuesday morning. You really don't remember?"

"No... Em," I narrowed my eyes at her, "What did I do?"

She looked around where everyone was staring at us. She quickly stood up and grabbed me by the arm, "Come with me."

She was dragging me to my brother's table. I went with her in confusion, "Emily, I seriously don't know what happened. Just tell me. Why was I asleep for two days?"