Chapter Twenty-One Part II

c h a p t e r t w e n t y o n e 

p a r t II 

***

I woke up on the couch; how, I don't know. The last thing I remember clearly is seeing the stupid cake. After that is a string of hazy memories, including driving when I was intoxicated. It is the Lord's early Christmas gift to me that I wasn't caught by the policemen. I also vaguely remember Jessica getting in the car and us drinking whiskey (or was it vodka?) once we got back home; but since I don't find any traces of Jessica in here, my mind must have simply made that up.

And the next second I knew, a loud screeching sound from the bathroom came and Dean, my adorable husky, came running from my bedroom and hid behind my couch. He's adorable but he's a coward...a cute little coward.

That's Jessica, singing in the shower, I realised.

She's the worst bathroom singer, ever. She used to scare my mother and Ivory when she took a shower in my bathroom; no wonder my mother never wanted her around in the house.

"I got a pocket, got a pocketful of sunshine.
I got a love, and I know that it's all mine."

'SHUT UP JESSICA!' I scream at the girl, currently in my bathroom, singing her balls away and probably using all of my shampoo.

"Oh, oh whoa

Take me away,
To better days
Take me away
A hiding place"

'Jessica if you don't shut up, you are not getting breakfast.'

And that immediately shut her up. It always worked.

Once, Jessica had taken a bath using almost all of my bathroom supplies, I made the two of us breakfast that consisted of an oatmeal and juice.

Jessica rolled her eyes at me, 'Geez, your best-friend has come home and you make her this? Make something else for me.'

'Go make it then.' I rolled my eyes at her.

'Oh my god, it tastes so bad.' Jessica made a sour face when she had a spoonful of my amazing oatmeal. 'I will be back in ten, with proper breakfast.'

And half an hour later, oatmeal in the dump, we were seated again with burgers and cheese fries in our hands.

'So...about last night.' Jessica started off but upon seeing my blank face, she asked, 'You don't remember anything?'

'I do...quite a few things. Not clearly after I left the party.'

'Oh.' Jessica stared at me and then shrugged. 'Nothing happened, we watched Mean Girls and slept on your couch.'

'We watched Mean Girls?'

'Yep, we shouldn't judge our own drunken choices.'

I laughed at that. 'So did you see Beth and Aaron last night?'

Jessica made a sour face at the mention of Beth. 'I did see her but I didn't talk to her. And Aaron wasn't really my friend so I didn't talk to him.' Jessica gave a weird type of smile, which was a bit creepy, 'However, I did talk to Sebastian.'

'Okay.'

'You are not going to ask me about what?'

I raised my eyebrow and answered, 'Nope.'

'Okay, so we talked about what we were doing all these years and I introduced William to him and I asked him about his date but he didn't have any.'