Chapter One: Make her watch porn but she will still sit with a serious face.

c h a p t e r o n e

m a k e h e r w a t c h p o r n b u t s h e w i l l s t i l l s i t w i t h a s e r i o u s f a c e 

***

As I park my Range Rover in the basement of Parker Corporation, I get a text from someone with whom I hadn't talked for four years or something. All those promises of keeping in touch after high school – bullshit! I read the text from Shay Woods and I could imagine the excited tone she would use when she gossiped. Some things never change.

'U gotta c him now! He looks hawwtt!'

I roll my eyes at the short forms she used. It didn't take me a second to understand who she was referring to but I don't do online lurking anymore. I got over him as soon as high school ended. I got another text from Shay right after that moment.

'I know you're over him but a teeny peeny bit of your heart still wants him.'

Nope, she's wrong. I had forgotten about him in all these seven years and I couldn't care less. I rolled my eyes again and replied with, 'Whatever helps you sleep at night.' She immediately read it and started replying but I locked my phone and kept it in my handbag. I ran a hand through my hair.

You think you're the queen of this world but let me tell, you're not. You are just another girl in his life and he will forget you as soon as high school is over.

I remembered her words clearly, etched in my mind as fresh as new. I closed my eyes and forced my mind to think about the meetings I had to handle today.

I got a text from Ethan saying that the new CEO was already here and the media was squirming at the door. He asked me to handle it along with Andrea.

How was I supposed to handle the curious people when I hadn't seen the new CEO yet? I didn't even know his name, oh my god.

I went to the lobby, greeted by the doorman with a gentle smile. I waved at him and continued to go to the next lobby where the media was creating havoc. I spotted Andrea at the raised platform trying to calm the media. Parker Co. was an influential name, so this news had spread like wildfire. I supposed Andrea, being the publicist, had released a statement of a new CEO.

'We have some rumors stating about Mr. Parker's...ah...reputation about girls, is it true?' A reporter from News Daily asked Andrea as I joined her on the platform.

'I cannot confirm these rumors because right now Mr. Parker is concentrating on expanding and holding on tight to this company and this company alone. Such rumors are false and a mere attempt by the opposition parties to bring down Mr. Parker.'

Okay, but can Andrea please tell me the name of the new CEO?

A reporter turned to me and asked me, 'Miss Hastings, you definitely might have noticed some difference in working for Mr. Kenneth Parker and Mr. Sebastian Parker, can you mention some points?'

Sebastian Parker?

The blood in my veins ran cold at the mention of the name.

There are thousand people with the same name of course this can't be him.

I can't believe, seven long years and his name can do this to me. No, no. Fuck this shit.

'It is Mr. Sebastian Parker's first day as CEO here, I cannot say anything. But he is a gentleman and knows what he is doing, I am sure the whole Parker Co. is in support of this. Now, if you will excuse me and Miss Waters, we have a meeting to attend. Thank you.' I want this to get over with. I need to see him.