Chapter Eight: A story is like the Titan Atlas.

c h a p t e r e i g h t

a s t o r y i s l i k e t h e t i t a n a t l a s

***

Sebastian didn't do anything that day. I smiled to myself. Twenty nine more days to go and my pay would increase. I remember my mother asking what a fat child like me could do. Now I could tell her that my monthly pay is more than her yearly pay. My pay earlier was really good but if I managed to stay here, my pay would be excellent. All the years of hard work would finally pay off.

'Love or career?' Sebastian asked me as we sat on the roof of his house. We were playing 21 questions because we had nothing to do at 3 am.

'Obviously, career.' I said with a duh look and Sebastian looked taken aback for a second. I asked him the same question and he replied without thinking.

'Love.'

It was my turn to be taken aback. I mean, that guy's relationships barely lasted for two weeks and he was talking about love over career?

'So who's your girl?' I asked him. 'If you're choosing love or career, there has to be someone.'

'Now is not the time to experience love, it's a really big word for these fragile flings.' He said putting an arm around me, 'I don't expect the love I find in school to last for a lifetime. And even if I do, I want the love to grow stronger by each passing second.'

'Wow, the playboy's got some interesting views on love.' I said, mildly impressed by his point of view.

'I can tell you one more interesting view if you promise not to tell anyone.' Sebastian said looking in my eyes. For one second, I thought he was going to tell me that he loved me but I realised that thought was stupid.

I gave him a pointed look and he continued, 'I hope to find the love of my life in this school.'

I smiled.

'We will have to wait and watch then.'

'LEAH!' I jumped in my chair, looking at Beth who was frantically waving her hands in front of me, looking at me like I was mad.

I realised I had zoned out again.

'It is time to leave.' Beth said and I nodded. I asked her to leave and she bid me a goodbye. I finished one pending file and decided to leave. When I saw the time, I cursed. Andrea would be waiting at my house and I was here half an hour after the closing time. When I opened my cabin door, nobody was there...everybody had left.

Just then, I saw Matt leaving Sebastian's office. I hadn't talked to him since the party at my lovely boss's house. I called Matt but he decided to ignore me...I didn't know why. I called Matt but he ignored me again. I rolled my eyes and pulled his hand. He let me take him to my cabin.

'Why are you ignoring me, Matt?' I asked him, trying to ignore how handsome he looked in his crisp white shirt and black pants.

'I should have asked you the same thing when you decided to ignore me at the party.' Matt said, huffing. He seemed far away from angry, instead, he was enjoying all of this. I had promised a dance to him, that is why he was ignoring me. Oh boy.

'I left, Matt. Upset stomach.' Wow. What a nice save, Leah. Matt looked at me and then burst out laughing. I chuckled too and when I looked at Matt, he was gazing at my lips. My heartbeat picked up and before I could realise, Matt's lips were brushing mine. His hand caught my waist tightly and our lower bodies were plastered together. I could feel his arousal against my jeans. He caught my lips in an urgent kiss and I allowed him full access. My hands curled some material of his shirt in my fist, spoiling his crisp ironed shirt completely.