Chapter Nineteen: You are my one true love, Beth Rogers.

c h a p t e r n i n e t e e n 

y o u a r e m y o n e t r u e l o v e b e t h r o g e r s 

***

Contrary to what I thought would be an uncomfortable and sleepless night, I actually slept quite soundly. My usually over-thinking brain was exhausted last night and went numb, letting me drift off to a wonderful sweet sleep. And here I was, sat on the platform of my kitchen eating an apple, watching Pretty Little Liars instead of checking all the appointments of Sebastian Parker.

Someone knocked on the door thrice. I knew it was Beth, that idiot hadn't quite grasped the concept of doorbells. I rolled my eyes and opened the door.

'Morning, what a lovely day,' Beth said in a singsong voice, 'I got us donuts!'

'You are my one true love, Beth Rogers.' I said, grinning ear to ear, moving aside to let her inside. Her kitten heels clunked on my marble floor as she made her way towards my kitchen platform.

After I finished eating my first chocolate crème donut, I asked Beth, the one question that had been bothering me since the last evening. Not exactly bothering me, like why the hell would it bother me? No reason. I was merely curious.

Yep, just curious...

'So...how did Sebastian ask you out on a date?' I asked, taking a huge bite from the blueberry donut. She took a bite from her caramel donut as well, before answering – not to mention the wide smile and blush that had crept on her face.

'He didn't. I did. And he said yes.'

I rolled my eyes before saying, 'Have you ever heard about this word called details, woman?'

'Oh no, it was quite normal actually. I was in his office when your father came in, with Ivory. He invited me, much to Ivory's dismay, and Sebastian, much to Ivory's happiness, to his wedding anniversary party. And after they left, I asked him whether we could go together, and he said yes. So yeah! After I came to our cabin and told you of the date, I was going to tell you that your father has come too. But your father entered at the same time. So I had to leave.'

I gave a slow nod to her. I didn't know what to reply, so I just settled with, 'Okay.'

'What happened with your father? I came here today to ask you about last night.'

'Nothing, he just came over to invite me as well. And then he left.' I said. I was quite good at hiding things like these, thank god for that talent.

If I hide something, it stays hid; until I want it found. Alison DiLaurentis spoke on the screen of my plasma tv.

Talk about timing.

'So are you taking someone to the party?' Beth asked, taking her third donut. I never opened the invitation to know that there was a couple entry.

It took me about five seconds to answer, 'Yeah. Aaron.'

You know the time when your brain just freezes, like water turning to ice, and you say the first irrational thing that comes to your tongue without thinking about it? I think I just had that same brain freeze.

Beth looked like she'd swallowed a cockroach, 'Aaron...O'Connell?'

'Yes.' Don't tell me they had a history too. 'Is there something?'