Chapter Seventeen: I will google 'how to win your love back'.

c h a p t e r s e v e n t e e n 

i w i l l g o o g l e h o w t o w i n y o u r l o v e b a c k 

***

As soon as I stepped out of his cabin, the very first thing my eyes were set upon was the petite figure walking as if on a runway. It didn't take me a second to figure out that it was the famous publicist, Ivory. I smirked at the sight of her. She had slapped on loads of foundation to cover up her dark circles, which were still very much visible. But I had to give credits to this bitch; she was still looking and walking like a model even though she'd have a tough time yesterday. And I knew it wouldn't be easy for her in this company anytime soon.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, she didn't see me because she strutted to her cabin without looking at her boss's side. Apparently, she was very angry that Sebastian had announced her as the assistant publicist...did that idiot realise that Sebastian's smart move had literally saved her and Leah's ass from getting kicked out of the company? Obviously not!

I was going to my cabin but as soon as I passed through her cabin, the cabin door on verge of closing, I heard her talking on the phone. 'She is the one behind all of this! She wants to destroy me!'

For the second time in the day, I went all pale and cold. Goosebumps arose on my skin instantly. No way she could know...or could she? That bitch was omnipresent when we were in high school; surely she still had the trait.

I was very sure that Sebastian wouldn't tell a soul, not even Leah, about what I did. He was a very sweet guy underneath that cold facade he put on; okay, maybe he wasn't that sweet but he would never embarrass or humiliate a friend.

I considered myself very lucky to still be a friend to Sebastian.

And I wished I was something more than a friend to him.

I shook my head trying not to let Sebastian cloud my thoughts. After a few seconds, I realised that I missed a part of Ivory's conversation on the phone and I let out a small groan. I couldn't hear her anyway. The door was closed now and it didn't help that the cabins had sound-proof walls.

I went to my cabin thinking about the line Ivory said.

It could mean anything right? I mean, if she knew I released the information to the media and internet about this, she would come and kill me with a sword. Or her nails can do just enough damage to my throat.

Or maybe she will plot against you and get better revenge.

And a part of me, well ninety nine percent of my mind, knew that Ivory would opt for the second option. She could get very creative with her revenge plans. The most recent one being humiliating her own sister in front of everyone at a party!

My earliest memory of her bullying innocent people is that of the time when we were in 9th grade and Ivory was in 8th grade. She had pushed a girl in the mud and stuck a note, 'whore', on the poor girl's forehead just because her boyfriend dumped her for that girl. Leah had slapped her for doing that and that was the only good thing about that incident. I also wanted to stick a note on Ivory's forehead calling her all the nasty names in the world but I had stopped myself...I didn't want an enemy in Ivory. But that was the first time I had noticed Leah. And we became best friends shortly after.

Leah.

I need to call that woman.

-

'Hi.' Leah said as she answered my call. I could hear typing in the background.

'Are you busy?'

'No, my work is done. I just have to do the concluding work and I will leave in four hours. I plan to do some touring until then. You say?' She said, her voice sounding tired.

'I want to win Sebastian back.' One thing that Leah wanted was that people should be straightforward with her. Going around the maze didn't really help her temper.

What an irony, she had Ivory for a sister.

For a good ten seconds, no reply came. And I didn't even what Leah's reaction was to this. Was she thinking I was stupid, love-struck or...?

'Yeah well give me some time. I think I will google 'how to win your love back' meanwhile.' Leah said, her voice sounding amused. I laughed and hung up.

She would find a way...I am sure she will. 

***

My college has started and I get only twenty minutes to open my laptop. Assignments have already started loading in and everything is just hectic. The next chapter will be from Leah's POV again yay. There wasn't anything to write in Beth's POV tbh but I had to show that she was behind all this drama. 

Vote share and comment please. 

Until next time. 

<4