Chapter Twenty-Three: Help Me

Chris
I haven't seen or heard from Victoria in a few hours now. Where is she? I walk downstairs and realize no one is in the house.
"Vick? Gideon? Hey, where you guys at?" I call out.

I look around the living room and notice the back door is wide open.
"Vick? VICK! VICTORIA! GIDEON! WHERE ARE YOU?!?"
I walk out through the back door and notice a cell phone. I pick it up and a text message popped up.
It read:

Bring the girl and you'll get your payment.
Don't mess this up, Gideon.

Gideon? Gideon? Gideon! GIDEON!!!
I'm getting my girl back. One way or another.

Meanwhile on the opposite side of town...

Gideon
I didn't want to do this to her. I really didn't. But I owe someone. They have what I want. I've never done something so devilish before. Chloroforming her was a step down in my opinion. But that what my boss demanded. But as long as I didn't hurt her and she's breathing, I'm fine.

Vick
My head was pounding and I could barely keep my eyes open. I could feel my body slightly shaking, like I was in a car. I try to open my eyes and I see a person at the front seat, with their face covered by a hood. I squirm and notice that my wrists and ankles were bound with zip ties. I try saying something, but my mouth was duct taped shut.

The person hears me struggle.

"Believe me, I don't want to be here either, Victoria. But please just keep quiet till we get there." I recognize the voice immediately. It was Gideon.

What is he doing? Who told him to do this? I think to myself.

I look on in utter disgust as I witness my best friend, well former best friend drive me to my impending doom.

I can't believe he would betray me. Oh god, please. Someone help me. I'm begging.

Chris
I grab anything I can that would help me get Victoria back. I can't lose her again. Especially, not to a person she trusted.
Luckily, that douchebag Gideon left a baseball bat, along with his phone and a secret stash of money. Idiot. He left a good amount too, which was $500 in cash. That should pay for gas and food.

I take the money and the bat and head out the door hurriedly. I sped down the driveway and onto the highway. I was so angry that all I saw was red. I was for going so fast that I couldn't see any of cars beside me.

Luckily, I didn't get pulled over and there wasn't any traffic, because that would have been a disaster. I check Gideon's phone to see if he left any clues about his location. I open his text messages and I don't see anything except for a mysterious text that had an address on it. I decided to go to that address and hopefully get clues to Vick's disappearance.

My chest began to tighten as my hands gripped the steering wheel. I was getting anxious about Victoria. What if she gets hurt or worse? I can't risk losing her again.
I hope Gideon has a good enough reason for kidnapping my girlfriend. If not, I'm gonna kill him.

-------------
I know this one is short. That's because I'm saving it for the next chapter which has most of the drama in it.
Stay tuned for more!