Chapter Sixteen: They Took Him Pt. 2

Previously...

"Who is it?" Chris shouts.

"Open up, it's the police! We'd like to speak to Christopher Brown, please!"

Chris looked at Mijo and I with wide eyes.

Now...

Victoria

"Chris! What are the police doing here?" I whisper-yelled.

"I don't know, Vick! I was gonna ask you the same thing!" Chris whispered with worried eyes.

"Open the door now, please or we will be obligated to use force!" The police officer shouts again from the other side of the front door.

"Chris just open the door!" Mijo shouts.

Chris scrunches his face in slight annoyance and reluctantly opens the door.
In front of him were two highly decorated police officers who didn't seem too happy with the "wait".

"Hello, we're arriving from the California Police Department and we got a call reporting of the grave digger case. Sir, are you Christopher Brown?" The sheriff asks.

Chris gulps in nervousness and I shake in worry as he inhales to say his response.

"Y-Yes, sir. Officer, is there a problem?" Chris asks.

"Umm, son, we are gonna have to bring you in for questioning. So, until then, you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. Hands behind your back." The sheriff then pulled out a pair of handcuffs.

Chris's first instinct was to start running. The police had started pursuing right after him.
Chris ran out to the pool and the police followed.

I followed close behind and as I reached the pool, Chris had already jumped in and swam to the other side and started running into the bushes.

The police tried to chase him, only to slip and nearly fall into the pool. I ran after Chris and one of the police officers pulled out his tazer.

Everything went dark after that.

Hours later...

Victoria

Darkness painted my eyes as I laid unconscious.
I woke up in the living room on the couch.
I looked around silently as I got used to my surroundings.

I look over to my right to see Mijo hovering over me with a concerned expression. He clutched my hand as I shifted on my side.

"I'm glad you are awake. I was getting worried. You alright?" Mijo asks as I got comfortable.

"Yeah, I'm fine. What happened?" I ask.

"You got tazed. Bad. I carried you back inside." Mijo says.

"Where's Chris?" I ask, looking around for him.

"He got arrested while you were out. The cops finally caught up to him." Mijo says sadly.

"No. They're gonna find out and then I'll become a human test dummy! They believe resurrection is crazy talk! They'll lock him away forever. Mijo, what do we do?" I say, gripping his shoulders.

"I don't know, baby girl. I don't know." Mijo says, pulling me into a hug.
I may never get Chris back. What do I do?

----------------------------------------------
Oh cliffhanger! What do you think Mjio and Victoria are gonna do?
Tell me in the comments and remember to favorite, like, and follow!

Byee guys!!! ❤️ U!!!