Chapter Six: A Hospital and A Date

Chris

Her hands were cold, her body unmoving, and her skin was as white as a cloud.

The doctor said she would wake up any minute.

I've been in their hospital room for seven hours waiting for one of them to wake up and nothing happened.

"Come on, Vick. Please. Open your eyes." I squeezed her hand to see if she would squeeze back and nothing happened.

A single tear fell from my eye onto her hand.

I felt a twitch. Victoria started to stir and then she gasped. Her body shot up quickly.

"PORSHIA NO!!!" Victoria shouts.

She must've had a bad dream.

Victoria starts to breathe heavy and she looks at me.

I stare at her intensely and squeeze her hand.

"Chris, w-what are you doing here?" She questions.

"It was an emergency. When the mantainence heard the door break, they saw you unconscious on the floor and Porshia lying in the bathtub, bleeding. I came as soon as I could." I point to Porshia.

Victoria gets up from the bed, walks over to Porshia's bed and stands over the bed railing.

Porshia had managed to stab herself in the stomach with a piece of glass from the mirror, but the cut was serious. She lost two pints of blood and had to get a blood transfusion. Luckily, her older brother came in and donated his blood for the surgery.

"Porker? Porshia, please. Wake up. I need my best friend back." Victoria strokes her friend's hand and holds it tight. I could tell Vick was holding back tears.

I walk over to her and hug her tight.
"It'll be okay, Vick. I promise. She'll pull through."

"It's not like her. She'd never do this. I know her." Vick wiped her eyes dry as she continued to hug me.

A knock on the door interrupted the moment and it was the doctor.

"Hello, I'm here to check Victoria Simon's vitals." The doctor says.

"I'm here." Vick responds.

"Just have a seat on your bed and it will be over before you know it. By the way, my name is Dr. Anais Walker. But you can call me Ana." Dr. Ana says.

"So has this ever happened to you before? I mean, the fainting?" Dr. Ana checks Vick's blood pressure as she asks the question.

"No. All I remember seeing was..." Vick's sentence stops short.

"What, dear? You can tell me. It's alright." The doctor pats Victoria on the shoulder.

Victoria freezes and points to Porshia's bed and then starts to mumble something.

"What? I didn't quite get that. Say again?" Dr. Ana then realizes that mumbling wasn't from Vick, but it was from Porshia.

Porshia had been in a medically-induced coma for eight hours since the incident.

"Porshia? Is my Porker oinking again?" Vick rushes from her bed to Porshia's and holds her hand.

Porshia's eyes start to open and she scans the room.

"Victoria? Is that you?" Porshia's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

"PORKER!! She came squealing back to us!" Vick then hugs Porshia so tight, it looked like she was gonna pop.