Chapter Twenty-Two: It Took A Turn

Chris
Vick's chest rising and falling is nearly hypnotic as I watch her sleep. Her shiny emeralds shut calms me as my hands rest around her. I play with her tied-up curls with my tattooed hands. Her curls bounce as I let them slip through my fingers.

Her eyes open. The sun greets us in the slightly open windows. She smiles, which comforts me a little. I return the gesture and I get a kiss on the lips as a good morning greeting.

"Hey, princess. Good morning." I say, shifting closer towards her.

"Hey, my sweet prince. Your princess has to go to the royal throne, if you know what I mean." Vick makes herself giggle.

I release our grip and let her go. I love watching her leave and may I say,
Good Lord!

I get up myself and close the windows. I decided that I wanted to take Vick out. Nothing spectacular, but nothing bad either.
A picnic, if you will.

Vick finishes in the bathroom and I hop in the shower after her, getting a good look at her before I jump in.
Good Lord, help me!

I jump into the shower and scrub my inked body clean. I get out the shower and wrap a white towel around my lower half. As I get out, I notice Vick peeking through the door.

She quickly hides when she notices that I see her. I smirk and continue to get ready. I brush my teeth and hair. I get out of the bathroom and get dressed. I can see Vick trying to sneak out of the room, so I grab her by waist and cuddle her.

She giggles and kisses me from behind. She means so much to me and I wish we could stay like this forever.
Her smile.
Her laugh.
Her kiss.
I love her so much.

I let my princess go and she goes downstairs. I flash a smile as she leaves. I flop down on the bed and direct my eyes towards the ceiling.
I wanted to take a nap before the big date I had planned.

I stare at the blades of the ceiling fan above me and sigh heavily. I shift around in the bed and lay on my left side. Staring at the open window, I see the trees swaying in the wind and slowly get mesmerized by the motion of the branches. I smile slightly. The movement lulls me to sleep.

A Few Hours Later...

"Hey wake up babe. I made breakfast." I was greeted by a soft voice followed by the light touch of my girlfriend's freckled hands. I open my eyes and see her green eyes floating above mine. Her smile gleams in the sunlight.

I flash a smile and grab her waist and pull her on top of me. She laughs and I join in. I lift her above me and lower her so her breath touches my cheeks. We are eye-level with each other, lips so close we could taste each other's exhales. We spent at least three minutes laying together in the bed. I sit up and she follows along, arms wrapped around my neck. I smile as I look at her and she looks at me.

"Wanna capture the moment, babe?" Vick asks, grabbing my cellphone from the nightstand.

I chuckle and agree. I grab the phone and turn on the camera. She keeps her hands wrapped around me, sticks her tongue out and makes a funny face as I join in and kiss her cheek. I take the photo and take another with her blushing. We study it and Victoria laughs hysterically. She grabs my face with both hands and kisses me dead on the lips.

Vick takes my hand and guides me to the stairs. At the top, she giggles.
"What you laughing for?" I ask.

"It's a surprise. Just wait and see." Vick says while she giggles again.

She turns my head forward and gently wraps a red bandana around my face, tying it tight. I flinch in surprise as I couldn't see.

"No peeking, okay?" Vick says.