Chapter Fourteen: Changes

Chris

I felt much better telling Angel that I brought her back. I thought at first that she would be outraged and scared.

I am so glad she is okay with this.
I just hope she'll stay this way. The only reason I'm saying this is lately she's been acting different than before.
Her temper is much larger than before and she sleeps a lot earlier. Like as soon as she tires herself out, she'll fall asleep.

But I'll try to adjust.

After I laid Vick in her bed, I went to the living room and Mijo was there, watching a movie.

"Aye, Mijo." I greeted him with that universal guy handshake.

"What up? She asleep?" He asked, pointing upstairs.

"Yeah, knocked out cold." I say, nodding.

"Alright, since that's taken care of, what now? Victoria is a resurrected hormonal female Frankenstein. Or the monster." Mijo says.

"She's not a monster. She's just having...side effects." I say, shaking the statement off a little.

"Alright, man. Whatever you say. If she starts killing people, that's on you." Mijo pats my shoulders and walks off to the kitchen.

When Mijo left, I heard the yawn of a small female. Victoria.

"Hey babe. How was your nap?" I ask ever so sweetly.

I get up and walk over to her to give her a kiss on the cheek and she pushes me away.

"It was fine! Jeez, Chris! Back up!" Vick's tone of voice made me lean back in defense.

"What's the matter, Angel?" I ask softly.

"Nothing! Damn! Get off my case!" Vick's tone raised higher as each word was spoken.

"Calm down, Victoria. I'm not liking this new attitude of yours." I say, crossing my arms.

"Just leave me alone, alright?" Vick pushes past me as she tries to exit to go to the kitchen.

I grab her wrist as she turns to leave.
"No. You're not leaving until this stank attitude of yours is fixed." I say commandingly.

Vick rolled her eyes at me and tried to release herself from my grip, but I held on tight.

"Chris, let go." Vick looks angrily at me.

"No." I say, still holding on.

"I SAID LET GO, CHRISTOPHER!" Vick shouts.

"NO, VICTORIA!" I shout back.

Vick then attempts to loosen my grip by kicking me in the legs. She fails and I grab her leg and she falls to the floor. On the way down, her head hits the glass coffee table in the living room.

I let go of her leg as her shriek of pain scared me. She holds her head and looks up at me in pure fear.

"Chris, what's happening to me?" Vick whispered as tears flooded her eyes.

I bend down to Vick's level and take her hand away from her face. Her palm had blood on it.

"You're going through some changes right now and they might scare you. It's the side effects. It's not your fault. It's mine. I made this mess and I'm gonna help you fix it." I say, bringing Vick to her feet.

Victoria sighs as her eyes begin to become droopy.

"Tired?" I ask.

She nods and as soon as she does that, her body begins to fall towards the ground. I catch her midfall and carry her bridal style upstairs.

When I set her in her bed, I grabbed the first aid kit from the bathroom sink drawer.
I open the kit and grab the antibiotic wipes and a bandage.

I first wipe Vick's hands since they had some blood on them and then I begin to clean the cut.
I saw her wince as I gently cleansed her wound.
I cover the cut up with a bandage.
I put the kit away and as I walk out the bathroom, I watch Vick as she slept.

Her breathing was slow and quiet. Her eyes closed and her mouth as well.
I bent over her bed and kissed the bandage. Her smile warmed me up inside.

I tiptoed to the other side of the bed and laid down next to her.
I wrapped my arms around her waist as she laid her head on my chest.
I laid my head in the crook of her neck and felt her pulse near my ear.
Even her breathing was in sync with mine.
She may be going through some scary changes, but I think she is beautiful no matter what she becomes.

——–———————–————————

Sorry that this chapter is a little short.
It's just a filler.

I'll make sure to make all the others as long and well-written as I can.

Don't worry.

So remember:
Comment

Favorite

Follow

Byee guys!!! U!!!