Chapter Eleven: The Revival

Chris

Mijo and I set the body bag on the table in the chemistry lab.

"You sure this will work?" Mijo asks.

"Yes. I am sure, Mijo. Just...trust me." I reply.

"Alright, then. Whatever you say." Mijo says.

I had asked the Lab Geeks to set up the lab for me without them asking what it was for. I think they were blinded by the fact a celebrity asked for their help.
I equip my hands with gloves and unzip the body bag. I almost cried when I saw Vick's body. It made me sick that I couldn't stop her. I regret hurting her. But I'm gonna make it all better.

Mijo helps me lift Vick out of the bag and lay her on the table.
The Lab Geeks left me a bunch of electronic stuff that I have no idea how to use.

"Alright, I might know what this stuff is." Mijo says.

"You do?" I ask.

"Yea, my aunt has experience in medical examination back in college. I could probably teach you something."

"Okay, show me." I say, slightly amused.

Mijo then grabs a defibrillator, electrode pads and other medical crap.
We started to hook and place electrodes to Vick's head, arms, and chest.

The scene was set by the sky becoming dark and thunder and lightning ruling the sky.

"Oh, this is like that movie. Uh, Frankenstein! Where that guy brings a monster back to life." Mijo says.

"Yeah, except Victoria isn't a monster. She is a beautiful creation from God." I say, rubbing my index and middle finger down her cold cheek.

Mijo and I decided to protect our eyes by putting on goggles.

"Ready?" I ask.

"Oh, heck yea." Mijo says, pounding my fist.

I grab the defib and shock Vick with it.
Nothing happens.
The second time, I up the voltage and the same thing happened. Nothing.

I began to get frustrated as my attempt to bring Victoria back was failing.

I upped the voltage again to the highest setting and as I did this, the lightning struck the hardest. I shocked Vick and the electricity from the defib blasted me back a couple feet from the table into a wall.

Mijo ran to my side.
"Aye! Yo, Chris! You alright?" Mijo asks as I slowly open my eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say, coughing and dusting myself off.

I then hear a moaning sound coming from the lab table.

The EKG we hooked Victoria to was beeping. A heart rhythm! We got a rhythm!

I got up, with Mijo following not far behind.
But the sudden jerk of Vick's body springing up scared the crap out me.

She gasped and looked around frantically.
Her emerald green eyes landed on me and Mijo.

She opened her mouth to speak but no words came out, just squeaks.

"Hey, Vick. R-Remember me?" I ask, walking slowly towards her.

She reaches out and grabs my face in her small, shaky hands. Her eyes widen and she hugs me tightly. She releases the hug and wiped a few tears from her eyes and then points to Mijo.

"Oh, that's my friend, Mijo." I say, introducing her to him.

Vick tries to climb off the table, but she stumbles and I catch her midfall.

"Woah, I got you. You're safe with me." I say, reassuringly.

I can't believe she's alive. In front on me, I brought a person back from the dead. This is incredible. I thought silently.

"Victoria, you're back. You're back." I pull Vick into a tight hug and kiss her forehead. I shed tears as I hug her.

She's alive. Alive.

"Chris?" Mijo asks as I wipe my tears.

"Yeah, Mijo? I'm kinda having a moment." I say, sniffling.

"What now? Won't people know about this?" Mijo admits.

"Oh, no. You're right. We can't let anyone know about her or this." I say, stroking Vick's hair.

"I got it. We move. Get the heck out this town. No one will ever know about Victoria coming back." Mijo says.

"Yeah, but let's get her packed. I know she needs necessities. Like, girl stuff." I say.

Vick nods as I say this. She then opens her mouth and a word popped out.
"Christopher." She says softly.

"Yeah, that's me, baby." I say, kissing her cheek.

"I'm back? What do you mean?" Vick asks.

"Hey, you talked! That's good. Let's go!" I say, rushing everyone out of the lab.

I packed all of the equipment in the car and drove to the college to pack my stuff, along with Mijo's.

I can't believe we have to leave town because I wanted love. I needed love.

But I can't live without love.

This is just phase one of the revival.

---------------------------------------------------
Sorry this chapter is short, but I promise the next couple chapters will be a little longer.

So, remember:
Comment
Follow
Favorite

Byee guys!!!