Chapter Thirteen: Questions Worth Saving

Previously...

"Mijo, pull over." I say, tapping his shoulders.
He pulls over on the side of the road and I get out to go the trunk and pull out some of my shirts.
I get back into the car and start to clean Angel's cut on her head.

She stops me and grabs the shirt from my hands.
She just stares at the shirt intensely, and then looks at me.

"Christopher.... I died, didn't I?" Angel's eyes shined with question.

Now...

Chris

"What are you talking about?" I ask stupidly.

"You know what's going on! Don't play dumb with me! Answer the damn question!" Angel's voice raised a higher volume.

"Hey, calm down! I have an explanation. Just not a good one." I say, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Liar! ANSWER ME!!" Angel's  voice had gotten a slight demonic.

I had backed up slowly with wide eyes.  Angel's eyes softened with guilt and despair.

"Chris, what's happening to me?" Angel had realized she was scaring me.

"Chris, I-I'm so sorry. I think I'm changing." Angel reached to touch my face and I reached towards the door and stumbled out the car.

"Chris, what are you doing? Get back in the car!" Angel yells at me.

"I'm gonna help you!" I say back.

"Mijo, get out the seat, I'm driving." I say, opening the driver's side.

Mijo just sighs and gets out the car to sit in the passenger seat.

"What's her problem, man? She's acting really weird." Mijo whispered.

I hit him in the shoulder and tell him to shush.
"Shut up, man! Do you want her to hear you?" I whispered, unknowingly loud.

"Hear what, Christopher?" Angel scared the crap out of me with her quick question.

"Oh, Jesus! Angel, don't do that!" I yell in small fear.

"Oh, sorry. I'm just really  curious. What did you mean by "helping" me?" Angel kept piling questions on top of me.

"Just wait till we get home. I'll explain everything." I say, starting the car.

Angel just sat back in the seat and sighed heavily.
Diva.

I drive back onto the road again and I look at the passengers. Mijo was staring out the window and Angel had an annoyed look on her face.

God, help us.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Finally, home. Man, that ride was tiring and long. I'm beat. It's 3:00 in the morning and everyone is sleep.

I wake Mijo up to take our bags inside the house.

Victoria had fallen asleep, so that was my baggage.
I opened the car to get her out. I picked her up bridal style and closed the door with my foot.

I walked to the entrance of my house and the sweet smell of the oven had hit my nose. My maid, Marla, had made cookies.

"Good morning, Marla. I think you deserve a break, yeah?" I grab my keys to my patio out back and throw them to her.

"Thank you, Mr. Brown! Thank you!" Marla's Swedish accent shined through her appreciation.

Since I had the maid distracted, I was gonna find a way to make Vick comfortable enough so I can tell her what really happened.