Chapter Thirty-One: 67 Years Old

Clary pulled Johanna to her side, "Aw, don't cry Jo."

    Johanna shook her head, "That's my little boy out there having his first dance with his new wife."

    "Viola is a nice girl," Danny said, "We have nothing to worry about."

    Johanna took a deep breath, "I just love him so much, I can't believe twenty-two came so fast for him."

    "I'm twenty," Wally said sticking his head between his parents.

    "Shut up," Johanna said, "Or I won't let you marry until you're, your grandma's age."

    "Hey!" Clary protested.

    Out on the dance floor the music faded and everyone clapped. Spencer beamed and gave Viola a kiss, "Now for my next dance, I would like to invite my mom to dance with me. She was the first woman I loved."

    "Go," Clary nodded.

    Johanna broke free from Clary's hold and went out to the dance floor with Spencer as the music started again.

    "That's our daughter," Jace whispered.

    "I know," Clary said, "And that's our grandson. Where has the time gone?"

    Jace took her hand and spun her, "It's flying by love. However, if Spencer doesn't have a kid soon, I think your mom will kill him. She wants great, great grandchildren."

    Clary laughed, picking up the beat of the music, "We are too young to be great grandparents."

    "Tell that to your mother," Jace said giving her a kiss.

    "I love you Jace."

    "That's a relief, I thought you were just staying with me for my good looks."

    Clary rolled her eyes, "Yeah that's it."

    "I knew it."

    Behind them someone cleared their throat. Clary and Jace turned around to find Simon. "You mind if I borrow my best friend for a dance?"

    Jace shrugged, "Be my guest."

    Clary took Simon's hand and followed him further onto the dance floor. "So," Simon said, "How's it feel to watch your grandchild get married?"

    "You'll know soon enough. Maria is engaged, right?"

    Simon sighed, "Yeah. She is."

    "What's the sigh for?" Clary asked.

    "I'm old Clary."

    Clary rolled her eyes, "Shut up Simon! I'm still twenty-two."

    "Even if I am old, I'm glad our friendship as continued all these years."

    "Yeah, I mean I only tried to get away from you by erasing your memory that one time," Clary joked.

    Simon rolled his eyes, "And I'm only married to your husband's sister."

    "Adopted sister, technically you only have to see Alec and Magnus," Clary said, "But you are lucky I like you."

    "I love you Clary."

    "I love you too Simon. Thanks for staying by my side all these years."

    "I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere. Expect maybe rich or famous or rich and famous," Simon smirked.

    "You are a terrible person," Clary said as the music changed to another song.

    Simon gave Clary a hug, "I'll keep being a terrible person if it means we are friends until I die of Isabelle's cooking."