Chapter 12: Rescue

Start from the beginning

"That's really harsh." Alpha frowned, looking into the cage before letting out a large gasp. "Jaeger! Come here!"

The Hunter stood close to Alpha as he reached into the cage and pulled out a sobbing woman.

"Li Ling," Jaeger breathed, kneeling down beside them.

"This is my fault." Alpha gulped, taking her in his arms. "I'm so sorry, Ling. We should have protected you. I'm so sorry..."

The woman refused to acknowledge either of them, burying herself into her teammate's arms in a heavy fit of sobs.

"Let's find Talos and get out of here." Jaeger said quietly before standing up to address the rest of the people they had rescued. "How many of you can walk on your own?"

Two of the seven refugees raised their hands, causing a loud groan to emerge from the Hunter's lips.

"Then wait a few more minutes while we find our Titan."

~~~

"And another one." Talos drawled, holding out a hard drive for his Ghost to carry. "Man, this place is a gold mine." He chuckled before getting up to investigate the next room.

The door was locked tightly, though it was easy for the Titan to simply kick the door down and walk in casually.

"I could've taken care of that, you know." His Ghost sighed, obediently following its Guardian into the room.

"H-hey!" A woman stood up from her seat abruptly, addressing Talos. "How did you find this place? Y-you're not supposed to be-"

CRICK

Her lifeless body fell to the ground without a sound, her head laying at an unusual angle as the Titan simply stepped over her. He scanned the room quickly before resting his eyes on a large series of machines that connected to one thing.

An Exo woman.

"Don't tell me these people can make their own Exos now." Talos mumbled, looking over the machines until coming across a computer.

"That's impossible." His Ghost interjected. "That kind of information and technology has been lost to us for centuries. Perhaps she is another refugee."

"Well whatever was going on in here, they sure did make use of her." Talos pointed out, looking through numerous files of data that he didn't dare open. "This is definitely something the Future War Cult should see."

"She appears to be inactive." The Ghost observed before returning to Talos by the computer. "Let me take a look at this."

He stood and let his Ghost do his job, turning back to the Exo woman. "I'm gonna see if I can get her out of this mess."

"Talos, wait...!"

He had already gone to grab the numerous cables connected to her cranium, forcefully yanking them all out at once.

Her optics immediately began to glow a bright hue of blue, meeting the Titan's own eyes instantaneously. She gripped his armor firmly and nearly threw him off of her, promptly getting up from the table and taking stance.