Chapter 42

"Could we have some more carrots please?" Josh smiles up to the flight attendant and she blushes.

"Sure thing. I won't keep you waiting," she smiles down at him. She walks to the back with her curled dark brown ponytail bouncing behind her.

"Wow," I say.

"What? She's just getting me some carrots. You're so suffocating," he says fanning himself.

"She's just flaunting herself in front of you, that's all," I shrug. "But she's kind of cute. You should get her number," I say poking him in the arm.

"Seriously," he gives me a confused look.

"Yeah, why not?" I shrug again.

The young lady returns with a packet of carrots.

"Thanks," Josh says taking them from her.

"No problem," she smiles.

"And what's your name?" I ask her.

"Daliah," she replies smiling again, revealing a dimple on the side of her cheek that I hadn't noticed before.

"Pretty name. We'll call for you if we need anything else," Josh says to her.

"I'll be around," she says turning and leaving again to the back.

"She's cute. Why didn't you ask for her number?" I ask him.

"Why do you, out of all people, want me to get a girl's number?" he questions.

"I don't know, I just though it'd be nice for you to find someone," I tell him.

"I don't want to find someone," he says opening his packet of carrots.

"Josh," I begin.
"Look," he starts. "If I wanted to find someone, I would. But I don't, so sue me," he says taking a bite of carrot.

"I know. I just want you to be happy," I shrug.

"I am happy," he says poking my nose with a carrot.

"You can't just say no because of me," I say holding into his forearm.

"Yes I can," he smiles. "I don't want anyone else, Jen," he focuses his eyes on mine.

I nod not knowing how to respond. It's sweet what he said, but I at least want him to find someone of his own until this whole thing with Nick blows over.

Josh takes a carrot out of the packet and throws it at Woody.

"I'm trying to sleep, Josh," Woody groans.

"How did you know it was me?" Josh says with a smile.

"Because I know you're the one who likes carrots," he says turning around.
"And I got eyes everywhere," he says moving his hands in the air and I laugh.

"Now go to sleep, we'll be crossing time zones soon," Woody says turning back around in his chair.

"Ladies and gentlemen," the pilot begins. "We be turning off the lights for some who would like to rest before we arrive in Australia in a few hours. Thank you for your cooperation," he finishes.

After that, the lights go out.

"Alright, I'm napping," I say pulling a blanket out from underneath my seat.

Josh does the same and reclines his chair back.
"How do you do that?" I ask him.

"Pull the lever on the side of your chair," he says pointing to the side of my chairs closest to the window.

I pull it and lean my chair back next to Josh's.

"Cozy," I say pulling the blanket over my shoulder.