Chapter 59.

Last Chapter

Thank you to all of my dedicated readers and followers who made my first story such a success. Don't worry, there will be an epilogue.

I love you with my whole heart.

•••

Josh's POV

She wouldn't. Not after all that's happened. I need to contact her. Why wouldn't she tell me she'd be flying to London, especially with Nicholas? I should just get on a plane and meet her there.

No. I trust her. If she really loved me- no. She does love me. It's stupid to even be questioning that. That I know for sure. I grip my hands together, trying to be rational about my next move. I could fly to London, but what good would that do? It would only set back the promotion, and she wouldn't even know I was coming. Plus, I don't know how she'd react to it. She'd either be really excited I'd met her there, or call me stupid for flying all the way to London for her. A phone call isn't enough for me. Hearing her voice only makes me want her with my physically. I need to see her.

Jen's POV

"I'm sorry you got stuck with me," I frown to Nicholas as we walk up the stairs to his flat.

"It's okay. I don't mind, but I think I know someone who might.." He half heartily laughs. I try to force a smile, but I know Josh is probably angrier than ever.

"I won't be long, I just need to call Amy so we can book a hotel. And hopefully a flight," I sigh as we reach his floor.

"You don't have to stay in a hotel. I have a spare bedroom if you'd like to stay for tonight. I mean, just so you could settle down for a while.." He offers. His kindness is almost unbearable, but he makes it almost impossible to say no. I shouldn't, but he's right. It's getting late, and I really don't feel like packing everything up and staying by myself tonight.

"Just for one night," I clarify his offer.

"One night." He nods with a smile. He pushes open the door and turns the lights on. The large flat is exactly how I remember it. Wood floors with white brick walls surrounding the open plan living room and kitchen. The kitchen counter top is the same black marble it was before and the fireplace still closed off and unlit. Nothing's changed since last I was here. I think I might throw up.

"Do you want some water?" He asks hanging up his jacket and setting our bags down by the bench near the doorway.

"Yeah, sure. Um, I'm just going to use the bathroom real quick," I set my purse down on the couch.

"Okay. You know where it is, right?" He asks and I raise an eyebrow at him. "Sorry. Of course you do." He laughs. I sigh and shake my head to myself. Stop it.

Nothing has changed here. The same white walls and creme colored couch. The glass coffee table with a stack of magazines. The four large windows that act as a fourth wall that are never drawn by curtains. I remember the way to the bathroom and the rest of the rooms from all the previous times I've been here. Down the hall, take a left, second door on the right. I twist the doorknob and quickly close it behind me as soon as I step in. I run the water and begin to pace. I need to talk to Josh. I need to hear his voice because I'm getting tired of hearing my own. I reach in my coat pocket and look to see any phone calls. Two missed calls from Josh. Even reading his name on my screen makes me frantic. I unlock my phone, automatically dialing his number on the number pad. Having his number memorized by heart makes calling him all the more fun. Dialing it just gives me something to look forward to.

The dial tone continues until I'm sent to voice mail. There's a burning hole in my chest. Why isn't he answering? I dial again, still no answer. I'm growing impatient, but I continue to call. Five calls might be enough. Is he ignoring me on purpose? He wouldn't.. Would he?