Home?

it was christmas eve, the time when everyone was with their families celebrating. while most people were nice and warm inside their homes ryan ross was slowly freezing to death under a bridge. they hadn't slept in god knows how long in fear of having what little possesions they had left stolen. ryan was homeless, kicked out at only 14 all because their parents didn't approve of this "alternative lifestyle" they had chosen. three years later and they were still out on the streets begging for money.

up until now they had been very optimistic that somehow they'd be back in a house with a loving family. but as they sat there watching the snow fall they remembered these supposed "christmas miracles" that happened to people around this time. three years and my christmas miracle still hasn't come. at this point they had given up and was just waiting to die. after all who would care for a worthless kid like them?

during their childhood the christmas list would be filled with all sorts of toys and gadgets but now it had only one thing on it, love. love was the one thing ryan missed most. they wanted someone to love them, not stare at them with pity as they passed by on the street. what had they done to deserve this? memories of their childhood passed through their mind as they drifted off to sleep on the cold, hard cement ground.

~

brendon was a wealthy kid, his parents owned a big trading company and his house was practically a mansion. people always assumed he was rude and stuck up like the rest of his family but he was far from it. brendon was the type to give money to the poor instead of keeping it for himself. of course his parents didn't approve and would tell him he's wasting his money. he didn't care what his parents thought because he wanted to help. as he was passing under a bridge with his windows rolled down he saw what looked like a figure laying in the snow. he parked his car and slowly walked up to it.

once he got close enough he saw what looked like to be a boy or possibly a girl, he couldn't tell. all he knew was this stranger was beautiful. even with their sunken in eyes and cheeks, the dirt covering nearly every inch of their skin and the abundance of bruises and cuts. their breathing was shallow which scared brendon. how long had they been out here? he knelt down next to the person and tapped their shoulder attempting to wake them. when they didn't stir he lightly grabbed their shoulder and shook them. at this the person eyes opened and a loud gasp escaped their mouth.

"hey, calm down I won't hurt you."

"w-who are y-you?" brendon could hear the panic in their voice as they tried to figure out if he was safe or not.

brendon smiled slightly, "my name is brendon, what is yours?"

brendon? that name sounded familiar. "o-oh I uh m-my names ryan"

"well ryan I bet you want to get out of this cold, right?"

ryan nodded their head slowly knowing two ways of how this could play out. either the incredibly handsome man would laugh and drive away leaving them to die from the cold or the incredibly handsome man would take them somewhere nice and safe. they hoped it was the latter.

brendon smiled and offered his hand out to which ryan gladly accepted and stood up. They let him gather their things which was just a blanket, a backpack and a small stuffed animal. brendon put these things in the back seat of his car as he got in the drivers seat. ryan got in next to him and pulled their knees up to their chest.

"why are you doing this?" ryan's small and shaky voice was barely heard over the sound of the engine.

"sorry, what did you say?"

"why are you helping me?"

"because i'm not just going to let you freeze to death out there, no one deserves that."

"yeah well tell that to my parents." ryan said quietly as they layed their head on the window.

brendon tried to make small talk but soon realized ryan wasn't going to respond and turned on the radio. as he drove he thought about the kid sitting next him. why did he ask why I was helping him. does he really think that lowly about himself? he looked over at ryan who was now fast asleep and smiled at how peaceful he looked. he wasn't going to let ryan go. he looks so young. why is he out here on the streets? as he pulled into his driveway he thought of the different possibilities that could've lead to ryan not having a home. he shook ryan's shoulder softer this time as he reached in the back to gather his things. why would anyone hurt you? he thought as ryan slowly opened his eyes and looked outside at the huge house in front of them.

"w-where are we?" ryan gazed in amazement at the huge house? in front of them.

brendon chuckled and opened the door for ryan to step out.

"welcome home ryan."

-

my mental state is absolute shit right now lmao :')