Meeting Harry Styles

My sister had taken me to a One Direction concert. Neither of us were particularly huge fans, but I'll admit I'd been known to sing along to a few of their songs on the radio. When she originally told me about the tickets I raised a brow, but ended up agreeing to join her, thinking it would be a fun night out with my sis. I'd recently wrapped up filming for my latest movie, and between that and press and promo for my previous film that was opening in a few weeks, we rarely got to spend time with each other anymore.

Halfway through the show, and a few beers later, Nora let the cat out of the bag. I wasn't sure if it was the alcohol or the sheer excitement from the crowd, but with her arm looped through mine she informed me she'd always had a crush on Niall. I giggled at her as I leaned my head on her shoulder, watching the four boys on stage. My eyes, however, were not focused on the Irish one, but rather the tall, long-haired one in jeans so tight you could practically see-

"Mia!" Nora shouted in my ear, interrupting my dirty thoughts. "Did you see that? Oh my God, he's so cute! That smile!"

"Yeah," I grinned. I knew she was referring to Niall, but I wasn't.

I continued to stare at him in awe as he pranced around the stage, getting the crowd more riled up with each "make some noise!" and flip of his hair. A couple of times he came our way and I could swear we made eye contact as he gave his dimpled grin and a thumbs up.

Harry Styles. I knew the name. I knew who he was. I guess for some reason I'd never really paid attention. One Direction was just a pop band with a handful of catchy tunes. But standing there in the audience, watching him in his element, I realized what Harry Styles really was - a rockstar.

When the concert was over and I was nearly deaf from all the screaming (okay, I might've contributed to it some), Nora and I grabbed our things to hurry toward the exit. In the early days, my sister and I would stay at the venue long after the show was through and the seats had cleared out. But now that I had an acting career, I got recognized a lot. Not that I minded it, but sometimes fans would crowd around for hours and I'd finally have to tell them I needed to leave. I still wasn't very good at turning people down and it made me feel bad, so it was just easier to leave the premises early.

As we made our way down the aisle, I caught the glimpse of camera phones snapping photos. Of course I knew phones had been out during the entire concert, but I also knew people were getting pics of me. I even heard my name shouted a few times. Deciding to hold up a hand to wave, I felt Nora poke me in the back.

"What?" I turned to ask her.

"That guy's calling for you," she pointed ahead of me.

Twirling back around, I saw whom she was talking about, nearly bumping into him. He wore a white t-shirt that simply said STAFF on the front.

"Mia Tangelo?"

"Yes," I nodded.

"Harry Styles wants to meet you," he stated with a small smile.

My eyes about popped out of their sockets as I stared at the guy. "Are you serious?"

"Yes, ma'am," he replied.

My jaw dropped slightly as I eyed Nora who was practically up against my back, her arm still holding on to mine.

"Oh my God!" she squealed.

"You wanna come with me?" I heard the man ask.

"Oh, sure," I muttered. "Yeah."

Nora and I followed him through a maze that lead us to a backstage area. I wasn't even sure how we got there without running into other bodies, but before we knew it, we were standing in front of a doorway.