Forgiven

A/N: A little bit of Niall smut.

Your lock screen illuminated in the dark as you pressed the home button on your phone to check the time. 11:54PM. It was almost midnight and Niall wasn't home yet, nor had he called or texted to let you know when he might be. You were perturbed to say the least.

It wasn't like you had a leash on him or anything. You and Niall had an easy relationship. It had almost happened by accident. You'd met him in a pub where he'd bought you a beer and you'd hit it off right away. A little uninhibited and a lot drunk, you'd ended up going home with him that night. But after sobering up the next morning and doing the walk of shame back to your apartment, you figured you'd never see or hear from him again.

Nearly six month later, and you were living together. Sometimes you wondered if you'd rushed into it, but again, everything with Niall was...easy. It was effortless. In a very short time he'd become more than just your lover. He was your best friend.

That was part of the reason why you didn't understand why the hell he hadn't called. Even just a quick "Babe, I'm going to grab a pint with so-and-so" text would have eased your mind. He'd done it before. But now not only were you wondering where the hell he was, you were worried too.

You had left him two voicemails already. Opening the text messages you'd sent, you checked once more to see if he'd read them. Nothing.

"Dammit, Niall," you muttered under your breath, tossing your phone on the bedside table.

Rolling over onto your side, you tried your best to get comfortable so you could get some shut eye. But it was hard to do that when you were worried that he was lying in a ditch somewhere. Your mind went back and forth between fear and anger, the latter finally winning out. You knew he had to be okay. He was just choosing to ignore you for some reason. Fuck him.

You weren't sure what time it was when you heard the garage door go up and the sound of a key turning in the lock. You laid still in the darkness, your anger boiling inside you once again. You kept your back to the bedroom door when you heard him open it and a stream of light from the hallway crept in.

"You awake, Angel?" Niall whispered, but you didn't stir.

He sighed and moved to the closet where he turned on another light. You groaned from the brightness, covering your eyes with your hand.

"Hey, babe, sorry I didn't get your texts til right before I left."

With a scowl, you turned over. You heard Niall kick off his shoes and toss his clothes in the hamper before turning out the closet light. Then he sauntered down the hall where he turned off the other lights in the house. You heard him curse as he bumped into something on his way back, and you would have giggled if you weren't so darn mad.

The bed shifted as he climbed in behind you, wrapping his arm around your waist. You resisted his pull, trying to keep in your same spot.

"Angel," he murmured in your ear. "Are ya mad at me?"

You stiffened under his arm as his breath tickled your ear. Even with your back to him, you could smell the beer.

"Ya are, aren'tcha?"

"Just go to sleep, Niall," you insisted.

You knew if you said anything now it would start a fight, and you were much too tired to deal with it right then.

"'m sorry, I really am," he declared. "I didn't know me phone was dead until well into the night. By the time I noticed, ya'd already sent all those texts and voicemails and I knew ya'd probably be asleep."

"I was," you said. "But you still could have called. I was worried. Just one little text would have made me not be. But you didn't give a shit."

You swallowed hard to keep the tears from shedding. It finally dawned on you that you indeed had been more worried than pissed off.

"I did give a shit, [Y/N], I swear. I just didn't think-"

"Exactly, Niall," you interrupted. "You didn't think. You didn't think about me for hours while you were getting drunk with your buddies."

"Babe..." he cooed, trying again to pull you to him, or maybe get you to turn over. But you didn't budge.

"Fuck off, Niall. Let me sleep."

"Aw, Angel, I hate ta see ya like this. Please."

Ignoring him, you scooted further away from him, closer to the edge of the bed. With a yawn, you situated your pillow the way you like it, pulling the covers over your shoulder. You heard Niall sigh in defeat as he rolled over onto his back.

You knew you might have been a little ridiculous about the whole thing. You could have easily forgiven him and that would be that. But you were still also angry, therefore you had to stand your ground. You pretended like you were asleep as you felt Niall toss and turn. Finally, you heard him curse under his breath before you felt his hand on your hip.

"God, please, Angel, I can't take ya mad at me. This is killin' me."

You huffed out a breath as you pulled the sheets tighter.

"'m truly sorry. Ya were right. I shoulda called ya. I was an idiot."

You loosed the grip on the sheets, letting them fall off your shoulder as Niall continued to caress your hip, his hand sliding to your belly. You felt him scoot closer to you, his chest flush against your back.

"Please lemme make it up t'ya. Lemme show ya how much I love ya."

His words made you dizzy as he whispered them in your ear, his voice low. You sucked in your lips when his hand drifted down your tummy into your pajama shorts. When his finger swiped up your center, you immediately opened your legs wider to allow him better access. You heard him chuckle against your neck as he rotated his callused finger against your bud.

"Mmm," you sounded, the friction getting to you.

"How's that, pet?" Niall inquired. "That feels good, yeah?"

You rolled over onto your back then, Niall shifting to a better position. You could see his face above you, even though the room was dark. A sexy grin spread across his face as he looked down at your pajamas, then back at you.

"I like these," he said, his other hand looping through the strap of the top.

Pulling it aside and down your shoulder, he exposed your breast. With a sound of satisfaction, he lowered his head to take your nipple into his mouth.

You moaned a little louder this time as his finger continued to stroke your clit, his tongue giving your breast equal treatment.

"Shit, Niall," you breathed, your fingers tangling in his hair.

You arched your back when Niall swiped his finger down to your entrance, inserting it with ease. He added another, pumping slowly at first, then picking up speed. You bit your lip to keep the moans at bay, but they were steadily coming. When he added his thumb, pressing gently on your clit, you knew you were done for.

"I can feel ya," Niall murmured, his eyes meeting yours. "Come for me, Angel."

His fingers continued to fuck you, finding just the right spot that sent you over the edge. Your entire body shook as you came, your hands gripping the sheets underneath you. You caught your breath, letting it out slowly.

"Oh my God..." you exclaimed, feeling light-headed.

Niall released his hand from your shorts and readjusted your top before kissing your lips. As he pulled away, however, you grabbed his neck and jerked him back, needing to taste him.

"Hmm," he sounded when you finally let him go. "Guess that means I'm forgiven."

"No," you shook your head. "But it's a good start."