A Night Out With Harry

"C'mon Harry, let's go," you said with a chuckle, tugging on his arm.

"But the song's not over yet," he whined.

You looked up at the small stage where some bloke was murdering Foreigner's "I Want To Know What Love Is." Shaking your head, you leaned closer to him.

"You can listen to the original recording at home, baby. Trust me, it's way better."

Harry blinked and glared at you. It was obvious he was trying to focus on your face, but you were sure his inebriated state made it difficult.

"I love this song," he declared.

"I know," you patted his arm. "You said that about the last five songs."

Through several pints of beer and a couple shots, you'd enjoyed watching Harry have a good time. Even when the entire bar had corralled together for a few choruses of "All The Young Dudes", you'd joined in, looping arms with Harry and some guy you'd never met before. But now you were getting tired, and Harry was drunk.

"C'mon, sweetheart," you cooed. "Time to go home."

"I want you to shooooowwww meeeee!!" Harry sang as you reached the exit.

He tripped a little when you set foot on the sidewalk, combing his fingers through his hair.

"Oops," he giggled, gripping your hand tighter.

You made it to the car safely, the driver holding the door open for you. Sliding in the back seat next to Harry, you rested your hand on his leg.

"Did you have fun?" you grinned up at him.

"'Course I did," he leaned back against the headrest. "I was with you."

You continued to smile as you threaded your fingers through his. Harry reached over with his other hand, slipping it under your ear as he kissed you tenderly. You could taste the beer on his tongue as it met yours. Suddenly breaking from the kiss and sitting back, his eyes met yours with a fiery glow.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you, too."

His eyelids heavy, Harry gave you his dimpled smile, pulling you closer to him. He sighed, leaning his head on your shoulder. You kissed the top of his head, raking your fingers down his back. He was quiet for most of the ride home, and you wondered for a second if he'd fallen asleep. Just as the driver pulled up in front of the house, however, Harry wound his arm around your waist.

"We're here, baby," you whispered.

Harry merely groaned as the door opened for you. You murmured to him to sit up and you helped him out of the car. Harry was too big for you to carry inside, so you were grateful that he was able to at least walk with minimal assistance. Once you were in the house, you guided him to the sofa. He sat back as you helped remove his boots, then went to the kitchen to get a couple water bottles from the refrigerator.

"Drink this," you insisted.

Taking it from you, Harry swallowed half of it in one large gulp. Setting the bottles on the table, you sat next to him.

"Are you okay?"

Leaning back against the couch, he shut his eyes. "I'm sorry, love," he muttered. "I'm so drunk."

You chuckled. "You don't say."

"I wanted to show you how much I -" Harry cut his phrase short as he suddenly sat up straight. "I wanna hear the song!"

"Song?" you asked, perplexed when he rose from the sofa and stumbled toward the stereo.

After pressing a few buttons, you heard the sound of the song starting, surrounding you in the room. With a grin, you sat back, watching Harry turn to you.

"Can't stop now, I've traveled so far, to change this lonely liiiiifffe," Harry sang as he walked back to you, his arms outstretched.

"Dance with me, my love," he begged.

Your chest shook with laughter as you gazed at him. He could barely stand, you weren't sure how good he'd be at dancing.

"Please."

Licking your lips, you stood up and wrapped your arms around his neck as he held onto your waist. You were pleasantly surprised as you swayed back and forth to the music without a hitch. Harry leaned his forehead against yours, lightly kissing your nose. Then he ran his hand up your arm, releasing it from around his neck and pressing it against his chest. Though his eyes were glossy and bloodshot, they were still incredibly green and glowing with admiration. Every time he looked at you, you felt special, an immediate flutter in your heart.

Harry sang along softly with the song, his breath on your face as you laid your head against his shoulder.

"I really love you, [Y/N]," he declared.

"I really love you, Harry," you echoed.

The song ended and Harry blinked.

"Fuck, I need to lie down."

You giggled. "Okay, c'mon, baby."

Turning out the lights along the way, you guided Harry to the bathroom where he relieved himself then met you in the bedroom, quickly plopping down on the bed, his head on the pillow. You changed out of your clothes, into a tank top and a pair of pajama shorts.

"Are you gonna sleep in your clothes?" you inquired when Harry hadn't moved.

"Don't wanna."

You weren't sure if that meant he didn't wanna sleep in his clothes, or he didn't wanna make the effort to take them off. Nevertheless, you rounded the bed to his side, urging him to sit up. You removed his shirt for him, then unbuttoned his jeans. He was able to lift up to take them off, quickly returning to his position on the bed. Crawling in beside him, you put your hand on his bare chest.

"Ready for sleep, baby?" you asked him, tracing his tattoos.

He barely nodded. "Yeah. But I wanna hold you first."

"Sounds good to me," you happily agreed.

Switching off the lamp, you pressed your body against his as much as possible. Harry turned on his side, enveloping you once more. You breathed against his chest as he kissed your forehead. Then he trailed down your nose to your lips. No other words were spoken, nor were they needed. Sloppy, sweet kisses, but you didn't mind in the least. Though it lit up your body intensely, neither of you made any moves to go further.

After the kissing, you remained lying in silence, listening to Harry's breathing and heartbeat. You knew he was getting sleepy, and you could barely keep your eyes open as well. Turning over, you grabbed your pillow, situating it the way you liked. You felt Harry's hands on your hips, pulling you back to him, though he didn't make you turn over. Instead, he ran his hand down your leg and back up, letting it lie against your stomach. You heard Harry hum the tune of the song as he held you, making you smile. His breaths tickled your ear until they finally evened out and you knew he was asleep.