Fratboy Harry - Part 2

Wandering through the house, you stepped over empty beer bottles and bodies making out in the hallway. When you'd met up with your friends, they hadn't seemed anxious to leave any time soon, so you'd taken off by yourself again. You weren't really having the best time, but you didn't want to be a party pooper, so you stayed.

After finding the restroom, you stepped back out into the hallway, almost bumping into Jimmy, a guy you knew from your Ethics class.

"Hey, [Y/N]!" he shouted over the loud music. "I didn't know you were here."

"Hi, Jimmy," you greeted, "what's up?"

Jimmy shoved his hands in his pockets. "Not much. Was just about to grab a drink." He nodded towards your empty hands. "Looks like you could use one too."

You shrugged. "I've already had a couple but...why not?"

You followed Jimmy down the hallway toward the living room where the music grew louder. Side stepping a drunk girl on the floor and shoving past a large group of people, you finally made it back to the kitchen. A few people lingered, just chatting and sipping cocktails, and a couple at the far end were kissing. But much to your relief, there was no sign of Harry.

"So what'll it be?" asked Jimmy as he grabbed a red Solo cup. "I make a pretty mad vodka on the rocks."

You chuckled. "Anyone can do that, Jimmy," you teased. "That's just liquor and ice."

"Damn," he muttered. "I was hoping you wouldn't catch that."

Giving him a playful punch in his arm, you reached for your own cup, filling it with ice. As Jimmy poured vodka into both of your cups, you heard a burst of laughter. Looking up, you saw a small crowd of people enter the kitchen, and when you caught sight of the plaid shirt, your stomach did an unwelcome flip. You tried your best to focus on Jimmy and whatever he was concocting, but the point was moot.

"C'mon, Harry," you heard a female voice squeal, "let's do some shots!"

You stared down at the kitchen counter, waiting to hear Harry's response, but none came. Curious, you eased your head up and shifted your eyes. You nearly jumped when you saw that Harry was looking right at you.

"Here ya go." You'd almost forgotten about Jimmy's presence until he handed you the drink. You smiled politely, taking it from him.

"Thanks. Cheers."

Tapping your cup against his, you took a large swig. You weren't sure exactly what was in it, but it tasted really good. As you lifted the glass to take another larger gulp, your eyes met Harry's again. He had his entourage with him, this time a couple of girls in tow. One in particular, whom you assumed must have been the one to suggest the shots, stood right up against him, one hand holding a beer, the other his arm.

You watched as she stood on her tip toes to whisper something in his ear. His lips stretched into his signature cocky smirk though he still didn't look at her. Instead, he started walking directly toward you, causing you to nearly choke.

"I thought you'd gone," he stated when he stopped in front of you.

You shook your head. "No." You sipped on your drink some more, hoping he would get the hint.

"Ah," he gave a curt nod. "So it's just me then."

"What do you mean?"

He cocked his head to the side, gesturing toward Jimmy. "You'll drink with him, but not me."

You narrowed your eyes. "Jimmy's my friend."

Harry gave a look of hurt and shock, placing his hand over his heart just like he'd done earlier on the back porch.