Lyrics and Melodies - Part 2: AM

A/N: This is a sequel to my blurb Lyrics and Melodies which can be found in my 2015 collection. I'd had requests to write a part 2, and originally I thought I might turn it into a fic, but it just didn't happen. So here is part 2 which I've titled AM due to another request I had to write something based on the song. Just like part 1, this is in Harry's point of view.

Help me, I think I'm falling in love again...

I was stood in the back of the bar, just like the first time I watched Julia on the stage, the night we met. After two dates (if you'd call that first night a date), I was still in awe of her. We'd only had one more date since then, but I barely count it. It was a very hurried lunch date because she'd had to get back to work. I hadn't gotten to hear her sing that time, and sitting in the middle of a busy cafe during lunch hour was not the ideal date. Nonetheless, I'd enjoyed just being with her, but I'll admit I kicked myself afterwards for not kissing her goodbye.

I was excited when she'd called to tell me she was going to open mic night again, and would love if I came. If. As though anything would have kept me away. This time Niall wasn't with me. I was only there to meet Julia, and after she played her short set, we were headed back to my place to have drinks there. She was beautiful to watch, her perfect lips mouthing the lyrics into the microphone, her delicate fingers strumming the chords on her guitar.

And we love our loving...but not like we love our freedom...

The crowd cheered and clapped when Julia finished her last song and took a bow. Our eyes met for a split second and she smiled at me before stepping off the stage. The emcee took his place at the mic to announce the next performer, but I kept my eyes on Julia while she walked toward me, stopping a couple times to hug someone or say thanks.

"Hi," she beamed.

"Hi," I wiggled my brows. "You were great."

"Thank you," she said. "I'm ready when you are."

I widened my eyes, pointing to the bloke on stage who was singing something off-key that sounded like it might have been 'Band on the Run'. "You mean you don't wanna stay for him? He does a mad McCartney."

Julia giggled, leaning into me and grabbing my arm. "I'll pass."

I grinned, getting a whiff of her perfume as she pulled me through the crowd to the exit.

I stopped beside her car where she put her guitar in the back seat. She agreed to follow me and got behind the wheel. Then I climbed into my car and headed out of the parking lot towards my house.

Julia parked her car behind mine in the driveway and I met her, opening the back door to retrieve her guitar.

"Thanks," she smiled shyly, taking it from me. As she followed me up the sidewalk to the front door, I heard her mutter something, though I couldn't quite make it out.

"What was that?" I inquired, inserting the key.

She shook her head. "Nothing."

"Welcome," I said, holding the door open for her.

She stepped in gingerly as I punched the security code in the keypad.

"Smells nice in here," she remarked.

I chuckled, extending my hand for her to take it. "Here, I'll show you around."

I enjoyed watching Julia's face as we walked into the living room, her head tilted back to get a view of the high ceilings and the windows that overlooked the backyard.

"This is beautiful," she muttered. "Very serene." She took a few steps closer to the windows. "That view is insane."

"Yeah," I nodded. "It's my favorite thing about this place. You should really see it at sunrise. It's incredible."