My Home

Dinner was delicious. You adored Harry's family. You'd met them all before, but this was the first time he'd taken you to his mother's home for the weekend. You sat next to him at the table, Gemma across from you. The conversation had been light and amusing, and you felt his hand grab yours under the table, squeezing it gently.

"Another slice, dear?" Anne asked you, reaching for the cake she'd made.

"No, thank you," you shook your head, placing your free hand over your belly. "I'm completely stuffed. Everything was wonderful."

Anne smiled at you as she rose from her chair, taking her and Robin's plates.

"Oh let me help you, Mum," said Gemma.

"Me too," you voiced, pushing your chair back and standing.

You felt Harry's grip on your hand so you looked down at him. He beamed up at you, making you melt. Releasing your hand from his, you patted his shoulder, dragging your fingers across his back as you took his plate and followed Anne and Gemma to the kitchen.

"So how is everything with you, [Y/N]?" Gemma asked when you set the dishes on the counter.

"Good!" you smiled with a nod. "Everything's great."

"You had a birthday not too long ago, correct?" inquired Anne.

"I did, it was nice," you blushed. "Harry took me to dinner and gave me this ring."

You nervously lifted your hand in a loose fist so the other two women could see the blue stone.

"That's lovely!" exclaimed Anne.

"I saw that when you came in," Gemma smirked. "I was wondering about that. My brother did a good job."

You felt your face get warmer as you swallowed, hugging your hand to your chest.

Anne moved to grab the leftover food, but Gemma stopped her.

"Mum, you cooked all this. Let us clean up," she insisted.

Anne threw up her hands. "Who am I to argue?"

You grinned at her as she left the kitchen, headed to the living room. Then you turned on the faucet and started rinsing dishes, handing them to Gemma to place in the dishwasher.

"I'm glad it's going so well with you two," she said to you. "You make a cute couple."

"Thanks," you beamed.

"It's great to see my little brother so in love."

Your eyes about popped out of your head.

"What?" you asked incredulously.

Gemma glared at you. "You mean he hasn't said the L word yet?"

You blinked and shook your head. Harry was affectionate. He was attentive and caring. He was everything you ever wanted, if you were being honest. But neither of you had confessed love yet.

"Wow, I'm surprised," remarked Gemma. "It's so obvious."

You wanted to ask her what she meant or how she knew, but you were embarrassed. Biting your lip, you rinsed off the final plate, handing it to her.

"Don't worry," she leaned over and whispered. "He will."

Butterflies took up residence in your stomach for the rest of the evening. You sat next to Harry on the sofa while Anne poured wine for everyone. You watched the crackle of the fire as the glow bounced around the room. Harry placed his hand on your leg as he sipped his wine, occasionally eyeing you and sending chills throughout your body despite the warmth from the fire as well as the wine.