I Could Totally Fight You With My Bare Hands

A/N: for the Niall girls out there :)

You sat on the sofa next to Niall after a long grueling day. All you wanted to do was kick your feet up, sit back and watch TV. Pizza and beer was the perfect dinner, and as you sipped your newly opened bottle and gave an audible sigh, Niall grabbed the remote control. You side-eyed him when he stopped channel surfing and landed on a soccer game. Clearing your throat, you got his attention.

"What?" he asked you.

"Seriously, Niall?" you rolled your eyes. "We can't watch something else? Anything else?"

Niall shrugged. "I just wanted to see the score."

When you didn't respond, he groaned. "Fine, we can see what else is on."

"Thank you," you said, biting into your pizza. Even though Niall was flipping through the channels so fast it made you dizzy, you caught a glimpse of Molly Ringwald and Emilio Estevez. "Ooh ooh! Go back!"

"The Breakfast Club?" Niall scoffed. "You've watched that a million times!"

"But it's my favorite!" you exclaimed.

"No," Niall shook his head, determined to keep changing the channel.

With a huff, you took another gulp of your beer before setting it down on the coffee table. Just as you sat back again, you realized Niall had now landed on a golf game.

"No way in hell, Horan!"

"Jeez, you're testy tonight," he commented under his breath.

"You bet your ass I am," you retorted. "I've had a rough day. I just wanna relax."

"What's more relaxing than golf?"

You glared at him. Was he serious? "I said I wanted to relax, not fall into a coma."

Niall gave you a look like you'd just punched him in the chest.

"No sports! Please! I beg you!"

"Fine," he surrendered, searching for something else on the tube. "What'ya say we find somethin' we'll both enjoy?"

You grinned up at him. "Good idea."

You were halfway through your bottle of beer and on your second slice of pizza by the time Niall settled on a Will Smith movie. You'd seen it before, but you no longer felt like arguing.

After you'd both finished eating, you laid your head against Niall's shoulder until he grabbed a blanket to lay over you. You began to get a little sleepy, and weren't really paying that much attention to the movie. When Niall got up to get another beer, you decided to grab your phone to check messages. Niall was just rounding the the corner of the sofa when you burst out laughing.

"What?" he quirked a brow.

"You were on Snapchat today," you remarked.

Niall sat down and lifted his bottle to his lips with a shrug. "Yeah."

"Just how many snaps and selfies are you gonna do with that newsboy cap?" you jabbed.

"Hey, don't make fun of my cap. I like it."

In all honesty, you liked it too. You thought he looked cute in it. You just enjoyed giving him a hard time about it. You'd read a lot of the comments fans made online and they made you giggle.

"You wear it too much," you added. "You look like a cab driver."

"You're just bein' mean now," Niall pouted.

"No I'm not," you argued. "Look. I have ten pics on my phone alone of you in that cap."

You opened your photo feed and scrolled through it, showing him all the photos you had of him. Suddenly, he grabbed your wrists and pinned you back against the sofa cushion, causing your phone to drop to the floor.

"Ya know," Niall narrowed his eyes as he hovered over you. "I could totally fight ya with my bare hands."

You chuckled. "I'd like to see you try."

"Why are ya testing me tonight?"

You looked into Niall's eyes. If it had been anyone else, you might have been worried that he really was upset, and not just playing along with your teasing. But you caught the twinkle in his blue irises and the tiny curve of his lips as you tried to wriggle free from his grasp.

"Let me go," you giggled.

"Say ya like the cap," he raised his brows.

"Nuh uh!" you shook your head vigorously.

Niall leaned closer, his face so close to yours you could smell the beer on his breath.

"Say it."

Licking your lips, you surrendered to his strong hold, resting your hands next to your ears. Looking up at him, you smiled.

"I like the cap, Niall," you whispered.

With his hands still on your wrists, he lowered his mouth onto yours, kissing you softly.