Fratboy Harry - Part 10

Start from the beginning

"You- you made me so angry!" you choked.

"How?"

"You know how! I told you!"

"You think I'm an asshole," he nodded.

"Yes!"

"But you also said I'm a phony."

"You are."

Harry tilted his head as he stared at you before picking up his plate and glass and bringing it to the kitchen. You watched his shoulders as he rinsed his dishes. Then he returned to the table, taking a peek inside your mug.

"You'll wanna drink all of that," he said.

You looked up at him in wonder and confusion. Then grabbing your mug, you swallowed the rest of his hangover remedy. Taking the empty cup from you, he brought it to the sink and washed it out. After placing it in the cupboard and drying his hands on the dish towel, he sat down next to you again.

"What?" he blinked, noticing you were staring.

"Just wondering..." you admitted, "if you're really a jerk or if that's just for show because you think you're supposed to be."

Harry ran his fingers through his hair. "You mentioned something like that in your text."

"Well are you?"

"A jerk? What do you think?"

You bit your lip and shook your head. "Truthfully, I don't think you are. I wouldn't be here right now if you were. You wouldn't have given a shit about me and...whatever his name was."

Harry scoffed. "You didn't even know his name?"

"You didn't know mine when you met me!" you accused.

"Yes I did," Harry nodded. "I told you, I asked somebody. Because I wanted to know you."

"See?" you sighed. "If you were some other guy, I would think that was incredibly sweet, and I would have been flattered. But you have this reputation as being a prick. And I think you like it that way."

"What makes you think I would like it?"

You shrugged. "Keeps people at bay? From getting to know the real you? You can screw around, and people don't judge. They expect it."

You didn't miss it when Harry swallowed hard, running another hand through his hair. His eyes were averting yours, jumping everywhere around the room except at you.

"I'm right, aren't I?" you finally asked, your voice low.

Harry licked his lips. "No one's ever called me on it before."

"Because everybody either adores you or fears you. You have them where you want them."

He quickly turned his head to glare at you, his eyes burning.

"I'm not an asshole, [Y/N]!"

You bit your lip, giving a short nod. Rising from your chair, you lightly brushed the backs of your fingers across his hand.

"Thank you for taking care of me last night. I'll call my roommate to come get me."

"What? No. I-I can take you," Harry insisted.

"It's okay. You've done enough. I'm sure I've overstayed my welcome."

Harry shook his head. "You haven't. I swear. Please...stay."

Giving a small smile, you asked the question that had been buried in your brain. "What about your girlfriend?"

"My girl- I told you, she's not my girlfriend," he argued.

Fratboy Harry and Other StoriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara