fifty-three

" I should really get a job."

Niall was watching Liam get ready for his job. It was around the time of September so lots of jobs were opening up because of university students. Niall didn't like staying around the apartment, but he had to because of Drew.

" Then go get a job." Liam says fixing his tie.

" But then I have to find a daycare for Drew and that costs money I don't have." Niall says. Liam lets out a laugh as he shakes his head.

" Then don't complain Ni." Liam says.

" You know what I don't understand? Your parents are rich and you have to work." Niall says.

" That's my parent's money. I shouldn't always be taking their money." Liam says. Liam turns around to look at Niall who was sprawled across the bed.

" Find a job today. There's your goal." Liam says.

" Yeah, but Harry is coming over." Niall says. Liam shakes his head.

" Whatever. Drew is taking his nap right?" Liam says walking over to Niall. Niall sits up on the bed.

" Yeah." Niall says.

" So if I were to wake him up, that's not a good idea right?" Liam asks.

" Don't think about it." Niall says.

" I was just wondering." Liam says. Liam quickly pecks Niall's lips.

" I'll be home after work. I'll bring home dinner too." Liam says.

" I hope you would come home after work." Niall says. Liam rolls his eyes.

" Bye Ni." Liam says.

" Bye Li. Have a good day at work." Niall says.

" Will do." Liam says. He walks out of the room and Niall hears the front door open and close. Niall goes on his phone and just scrolls through his social media. The apartment gets boring when Drew takes his nap. Everything gets quiet and Niall himself would take a nap. But that can't happen because Niall would never wake up from his nap.

All of a sudden, Niall hears," Da!" come from Drew's room. Niall stands up from the bed and shoves his phone in his pocket. Niall walks into Drew's room to find him sitting in his cot. Drew just woke up from his nap and was ready to cuddle with his papa.

For some odd reason, Drew does this thing after every time he naps, he still gets in that cuddle mood so he has to cuddle. And since Liam is a giant teddy bear, Drew likes to cuddle him.

Niall was kinda nervous because Liam isn't here and Drew only likes to cuddle with Liam after naps.

Niall walks to Drew's cot. Niall was about to lift Drew out of his cot, when Drew stopped him.

" No da. Pa." Drew says. Niall lifts Drew out of his cot anyway. Drew starts shaking his head and trying to get out of Niall's arms.

" Sorry bub, but papa isn't here. You can cuddle with me." Niall says.

" No da. No." Drew says. Drew gets tears in his eyes," Pa."

Niall lets out a sigh. Niall pulls out his phone and pulls up Liam's contact. Niall presses the FaceTime button, praying Liam will answer.

" Don't worry, bub, I'm calling papa." Niall says. Drew was still trying to get out of Niall's arms. Liam doesn't answer the call. Niall lets out a sigh. Niall looks at Drew.

" Drew James Payne, you knock it off right now or you're not getting cuddles at all." Niall says. Drew continues to cry and try to get out of Niall's arms. Niall places Drew on the ground. Drew stops crying and looks at Niall. He brings his arms up, wanting to be picked up again.