thirty-five

Niall was close to falling asleep on Liam's shoulder. Niall was laying on the hospital bed cuddling into Liam. Liam had a huge smile on his face as Niall cuddled into him. Liam presses a kiss into the top of Niall's head.

" You tired Ni?" Liam asks. Niall nods his head.

" Then go to sleep." Liam says. Niall looks at Liam with tired eyes.

" But what if they bring Drew?" Niall asks.

" I'll wake you up then. I promise you'll be the first one out of us to hold him." Liam says. Niall smiles at Liam.

" Thank you Li." Niall says. He shuts his eyes close and shoves his face into Liam's chest. Liam smiles down at Niall. Liam shoves his face into Niall's soft hair.

" God, I love you." Liam mumbles into Niall's hair. Liam hears his phone buzz and he pulls his face out of Niall's hair. He looks at his phone to see a message from Louis.

From Louis 😈 to Liam 😎:

When can we see little baby?!? I want to see it!!!

Liam wasn't sure if they can come to the room yet. Liam presses the nurse button and a nurse walks in.

" What's up?" She asks.

" Is it okay if our friends come into the room?" Liam asks. She gives Liam a warm smile.

" Of course they can." She says," Oh, and we're going to bring your baby in soon." Liam smiles at that statement.

" Okay, thank you." Liam says. She walks out of the room. Liam looks back to his phone and types a message to Louis saying they can come back to the room.

Liam looks at Niall. He didn't know if he should wake him up or let him sleep for a little longer.

Before he could make that decision, the same nurse as before walks in with a crib for a baby. And Liam heard baby noises come from the crib. Liam smiles. Liam looks at Niall and nudges him.

" Ni, wake up. Drew is here." Liam says. Niall flutters his eyes open.

" Huh?" Niall mumbles.

" Drew is here." Liam says again. Niall immediately wakes up at the mention of Drew.

" Where is he?" Niall asks. The nurse laughs as she picks up Drew from the crib. She hands Drew over to Niall and Niall carefully holds Drew in his arms. Niall could feel tears appear in his eyes as he stared down at his son.

" I'll leave you two alone. Call me if you need me." The nurse says. She walks out of the room leaving the little family together. Niall looks up at Liam.

" Look at Drew." Niall says. Liam smiles.

" I see him. He's very beautiful." Liam says. Niall looks down at his son. Niall won't ever get over that phrase. His son. Drew is his son.

Niall's a father. And that hit Niall too.

" I love you so much already Drew James Payne." Niall says.

" I love you too Drew." Liam says. Niall couldn't get rid of the smile on his face.

" I'm so in love with him." Niall says.

" I am too." Liam says. As Liam finished his sentence, Drew's eyes fluttered open. Niall's mouth drops a little. Niall looks up at Liam.

" Li, look at him! His eyes are open!" Niall exclaims. Liam lets out a laugh.

" Then we should introduce ourselves." Liam says. Niall nods his head and looks back down at Drew.