Chapter Twenty-Nine

"I thought you said you'd shut up if I agreed to dance with you."

Harry rolls his eyes. "That was before I knew how awful of a dancer you were. Earlier, I thought it was your nerves or something. Now, I'm not so sure."

"Hey! I am not an awful dancer!"

"You are too." Harry gives me a pitying look. "I'm just trying to teach you how to lighten up a little. Get loose and enjoy yourself. Feel the music."

"Maybe I don't want to," I say stubbornly. Or maybe the last time I did, things didn't go so well, I think, but don't say out loud.

"That's truly sad," Harry shakes his head. "You're never going to have any fun if you don't get out of your comfort zone and just let go of everything for once. Stop being so uptight and just live a little."

"I live plenty."

"Of course you do." Harry says sarcastically, as if he doesn't believe me. "How about I go over there and dance with Dalia and you just let me know when you're finished being stubborn."

I glare at him and cross my arms. I know I'm just being more stubborn and giving his statements truth, but I don't care. I'm not going to dance if I don't want to.

Harry raises his eyebrows at my response and then nods before turning around. "Okay, have it your way." He starts to walk off.

I clench my jaw and will myself not to say anything. Just to stay strong. "Wait... um... so, what was that move you were trying to teach me?"

Damn my traitorous mouth.

Harry stops and turns on his heels, just stands there for a moment, and gives me a grin. "Just a simple moon walk. I can teach you some more if you want."

I hesitate before nodding. "Okay." 

Harry starts walking back to me. "Okay, here's how this goes..."

* * * * *

"This is amazing! Who knew dancing could feel like this?" I shout over the music as I dance with Harry. Well, I'm more like hopping up and down to the beat, but still, everyone else is too. Who knew that Harry's whole family loved to dance crazily? I certainly didn't!

Harry grins at me over my shoulder. "Told you so."

I turn in a circle and stop when I'm facing him once again. I grin and take a step towards him, feeling daring, but I don't get far before Anne shows up and taps on Harry's shoulder.

Anne says something to Harry which makes him hesitate, biting his lip. He responds shaking his head a little but not looking too sure. Anne takes on a pleading expression as she says something back and Harry seems to give in because he sighs and gives her a resigned nod. Anne gives him a hug, a grin lighting up her face and gives me a grin before waltzing away back to her husband.

"What was that about?" I ask, taking a few more small steps toward Harry.

He looks over at me and gives me a shy smile. It surprises me because I've never seen him look anything but completely confident. "She want's me to do something for her. I'll be right back. Just stay here."

I am about to respond when he turns his back on me and walks away. I frown and tug at my hair, looking around at everyone else dancing. After a few moments, I start start to doubt that he'd come back at all. I mean, I don't know what to expect from Harry anymore. He's full of surprises at every twist and turn. I never know what he's going to do next. 

When Harry returns a few minutes later, I let out a relieved breath I didn't even realize I was holding. "Hey," I say.

Harry smiles back. "Hey."