Chapter Three

No more fucking parties. That's what we say, but we both know it's not true. Holly will recover in a few days and she'll be pulling me back to more and more parties as the year rolls along. It's just the type of person she is, well, the type of person I assume she is.

Both Holly and I have massive headaches that we're both hoping to cure with tons of water before having to return to class today. Hangovers from the night before were never my favorite thing to deal with. I had always thought they were worth the trouble in the past, but today, I just feel stupid and immature. 

"You ready?" Holly's question doesn't quite come out as it was intended to, as it comes out more like a moan than anything else. She's holding her head with one hand as she grabs her sunglasses from the dresser. 

"I guess so," I answer her moan-question as I put on a pair of sunglasses myself. We make our way to the theater, trying our best not to let the sunlight infiltrate the protective darkness of our shades. Our bodies, everything, hurt enough already. 

Today, we arrive on time. Samantha actually seems surprised, but not so surprised about the state we're in as we take off our sunglasses to reveal the hungover mess underneath. Half of her class probably shares the same symptoms anyhow. 

Samantha sighs, as if tired by her students' lack of attention and care for the events happening around them, and begins to speak, "I paired up all of you in groups of four and gave each group a topic. They're all listed on the board on the stage. Get in your groups and begin Improv with the topic I assigned to you. Don't forget to be in your character." That is all that Samantha says before she disappears to what I've guessed is her office located right of the stage.

I locate my name on the board and find that I'm paired with Ben, Jennifer, and, of course, Harry fucking Styles. I roll my eyes and make my way over to where I assume my group is gathered; around a sitting Harry.

"How's the headache, love?" Harry smirks at me from where he's seated quite comfortably in one of the theater's rather expensive looking seats. It must be a record; for he's been in my sight for a mere three seconds and he's already pissed me off more than anyone else can in a whole five minutes. "Are you feeling the throb of ignoring my glorious presence when I can give you so much pleasure if you just so let me?" 

"Oh, shut up. What are you, fourteen?" I  push the words towards him. My headache had begun to fade, numbing a bit, but his bothersome presence has started the process of bringing it back. Jennifer watches us from where she stands, seeming a bit bored as she chews on her gum. Her mouth opens so far in between chews that I can not only hear her as she does, but I can also smell the flavor of the gum. Watermelon, in case anyone wonders. Ben, however, is a different story. He's eying us with interest and a bit of confusion as we trade insults. 

Harry's face twists in fury, anger. "You're really implying I'm immature? You have no idea what you're talking about, New Girl and I barely know you, but I know this: I think you're in over your head at this college. If you were a little more mature, you could've prevented last night. So perhaps you should stop with the insults and instead give me the gratitude I deserve for looking out for your friend when it was clear you couldn't." His anger melts away and his frown is replaced with a sick smile of fake happiness.

"So..." Ben starts wearily, still eying Harry. "Our topic is a love triangle. I'm a nice, sincere college boy. It's what I drew." He shifts awkwardly on his feet as we weigh his sudden topic change. Right now, we all feel the tension spreading through our limbs, crackling the air around us.

"I'm a spunky whore, apparently." I shrug, though I twisted Samantha's typed words just a little. She know she thought it as she typed it. 

"Bitch," Jennifer states, picking at her nails as she noisily chomps down on that poor gum. Somehow, I get the feeling she'll have no problem filling that role at all.