Chapter Five

a/n: It's currently 11:43 at night and I'm starting to write this next chapter. I crossed over time zones today so it should be 10:40 PM where I live, but who cares! I was staying down by Chicago last night and today I drove 8 whole hours! Now I'm currently in a hotel in Canada and I can see freaking Niagara Falls out my huge window of my room! If any of you all are from Canada, comment saying you are! I'm touring the Falls all day tomorrow which will be fun and I will be visiting an Aquarium and will also be doing some shopping! Yay!

.

It's a foggy Saturday morning when Holly jumps on my bed, scaring me half to death. "Holly! What's going on? It's... ten in the morning!" I groan, hitting her repeatedly with my pillow while keeping my eyes closed. I become more and more satisfied with each thump, signifying that my pillow has hit its desired target.

"Get up, Lia! I have a busy busy day planned for us!" Holly hops around on my bed some more, trying to pry the pillow from my hands. I've got a grip of steel, though, and won't let it go. I crack one eye slightly open to get a glimpse of her, but I automatically regret it when the sunlight pierces my eyeball in the middle of all the darkness.

"Busy day? What are we doing? I don't remember signing up for any of this." I'm on super lazy mode today because my first week of university has been super hectic. I planned to relax all weekend, but apparently Holly has plans way different from mine.

"I may have mentioned you to my mom when I called her the other day..." Holly trails off, looking a bit sheepish.

"And?"

"And since Myles has been my only friend for the last year and a half, she was so excited that I found a friend who's a girl. She invited you to go to church with us tomorrow morning and then come to my house for our family and friend get together. It's every first Sunday of each month and we just invite everyone over for a big barbecue, basically. And when I say my mom "invited" you, I really mean that you have to come or else she'll literally ground me."

"Ground you? You're an adult in college. How can she be able to ground you?"

"I know you think it's rather impossible for her to ground me, but she will. You have no idea what she's capable of. So please, please come!" Holly pleads me, kneeling on the bed in front of me with her hands tightly clasped in the famous begging pose.

"Ugh," I groan, rolling my eyes. "Fine. What are we doing today, then?" She still hasn't answered my question from earlier.

"My mother wants me to pick my cousin up from the airport and I was thinking about shopping while we are there because you probably need a new church dress and some heels and stuff." Holly shrugs, hopping off my bed.

"Will your cousin mind your little detour that we will be dragged along for?" I ask, hoping that this cousin of hers would be able to shut down Holly's whole "busy-day operation" before it began.

"No, he won't mind at all. He loves me." Holly grins as she speaks about this seemingly male cousin of hers.

"He? He's a he? Is he a hot he or a not hot he?" I ask her persistently. I know Ben's hot and all but he hasn't bothered to text me at all since our little "date" last night. I thought he'd at least text to make sure I got home safely, but I guess not.

Holly laughs and holds her hands up to calm me. "Calm down, Lia! From what other girls have told me in the past, my cousin, Louis, is very cute. You have nothing to worry about in that department."

"Fine, "give me two minutes," I tell her, sliding from my bed and changing into shorts and a t-shirt, just throwing my hair into a ponytail and applying mascara. "Done. Let's get this over with."