Chapter Twenty-Two

OMG I GOT ON THE FREAKING CHARTS THIS MORNING! Roommate Agreement hit the Top Fanfiction List yesterday. I wasn't even expecting it and I got on the website and freaked out when I saw! #606 is where it's at! So if you could just vote on this chapter and go back on others and vote, that would mean a LOT to me! Eeek I'm so happy!

"Would you stop glaring at each other for two seconds and listen to me?" Holly sighs out from where she's standing to my right. I'm currently glaring into a familiar pair of cold, green eyes, practically seething with anger. We'd had another tough morning filled with bickering. It had been okay until the moment he got mad at me and slammed my pinky in the drawer we keep our toothbrushes in. It just went down hill from there.

"Liana, I swear to God..." Holly speaks up again, sounding very annoyed. I guess she's started her long story up again. I still wasn't listening either way.

I don't break my staring contest with Harry, even as I respond, "Sorry, Holly. I'm just pissed right now and my pinky is throbbing."

Holly rolls her eyes in my peripheral vision. She doesn't think I saw, but I did. Don't push me today, Holly. I mean it. "Just because you're having a bad day doesn't give you the excuse to not listen to me as I try to tell you of my great one."

I laugh at that. Holly knows just the right things to say that make me laugh. It's not that she's necessarily funny. It's more along the lines of so-ridiculous-it-is-funny. "Wow, Holly. You're especially witty today." It seems weird to laugh at Holly while still trying to glare at Harry, so I turn away from him to finally look directly at Holly.

She grins, finally happy to grab my attention. "Thank you! Must've been in the hairspray I bought yesterday."

I roll my eyes at her sad attempt at a joke, but nonetheless, a smile makes it's way onto my face. "Okay, now that you have my attention, what were you trying to tell me?"

"Well, you remember Drew right?" She pauses, glancing at me in question. I nod. I remember her dragging me on a double date with her and Drew, with Harry out of all people as my date. It was during one of his better moods, but still pretty damn terrible if you ask me. "Well, anyway, Drew and I are dating now and--"

"Woah, woah, woah! When did that happen?" I cut her off, waving my hands around in order to get her rambling to halt to a stop. I'm away from her for less than a week and this happens? How much have I missed?

"Oh," Holly huffs, frowning a little. She flips a lock of brown hair away from her face and sits next to me on the stage. "I forgot that you're not caught up yet. Ugh, I hate Laura! She's too quiet, and when she actually does talk, it's related to her classwork! I miss you!"

Holly leans on my shoulder, but it doesn't work very well because my shoulders are shaking too much from my laughter. "Wow, you sound like it's torture, Holly. You could always come over to my dorm and ramble to me."

Holly pulls away quickly and stares wide-eyed at me with an opened mouth, like I've just grown another head. "Me? Go over to your dorm?"

"Yeah-"

"No!" Holly vigorously shakes her head. "Are you crazy? There's no way I'd step foot in Harry's dorm! And even if I wanted to, I wouldn't dare!"

I frown, glancing over at Harry. He's finally retired from glaring at me and is having a serious conversation with Drew. I look away quickly, before he can notice me staring. "What's so bad with going to Harry's dorm?"

Holly rolls her eyes. "Sometimes I forget that you are just a Freshman. The only way Harry lets a girl in his room is if he gets something out of it. Like getting laid, obviously."