19

Beloved

Hussain"s POV

I have been waiting for Aliya's reply.  And I didn't get so I asked Maha to ask. Then she asked Aliya and told. That she is waiting to show her Dad and then open the gift. "She is Dad's girl ". I thought to myself and went to the meeting.  The meeting felt so long. I was not in a  mood. I agreed to the offer even though I didn't listen fully.  It’s a risky yet I felt taking risk is the best way to reach higher in the business world. 

When I came back to my office I replayed the morning hours. : How I called Ali to go for a shopping. And he was asking to confirm if I am pulling his leg or actually I am asking him to. "It’s for Aliya so no jokes" I said and finally he agreed after making me blush remembering Aliya and her letter.  I was not sure what to get for Aliya but when I saw the locket pendant I knew that's it.

On our way from shopping mall, I got down at the studio and printed our photos. And then I wrapped the gift inside the car because I bought everything.  Then I gave it to Ali to deliver it at Aliya's home.  After dropping  me at the office. He went to deliver the gift.: I got phone call and it took me out of my thoughts. 

After checking the phone I'D I answered with huge smile expecting to hear what I been waiting for half a day.

"Asalamu Alaikum " me

"Walaikum Salam Bhai "Maha

"So what did your Bhabhi say aboutthe gift?" Me

" Aww Bhabhi is making you wait so long. Even you forget to ask about my wellbeing !" Maha

"We didn't apart even for a day. Choti I saw you in the morning what could possibly be to you within this few hours.  " Me

"Still anything could happen, you know. ... " Maha was cut of by me

"Alhamdu Lillah nothing for you but this is going too far, now tell me my grandma why did you call me" Me

"Bhai stop calling me grandma, because I am still young not like you " Maha

"Okay okay,  now please tell me why did you call?" Me

"Ammi said to bring Milk when you're coming home for tomorrow breakfast " Me

"You call to tell this ? " Me

"Why ? Can't call for something simple as that?" Maha

"Ammi never said to me, by the way you and Ammi only goes to market not I " Me

"Allah Hafiz " Maha

What! She called me to tell that ? And cut the call without answering me. I can't believe she is being serious about this. I know it's normal in other families where the son do shopping for home. But I was too busy. Also don't like to wait in a row and listen to some Dasi Aunty, fighting over prices as if paying extra money is wastage of money. Surly there is  something going on I thought and went back to my work.

Then around 6.30 I went home and took shower and prayed Magrib and went to Maha's room. She was using phone so I went and asked for her phone. 

" Bhai why don't you give your Number to Bhabhi so I can use my phone " Maha said.

"Just give me it's a punishment for you" I said

"But why ? " Maha asked

"I bought milk and Ammi is asking why am I bringing it again because Yesterday only she has bought milk, when she went shopping.  That too with you" I said with little annoyed

"Oh for that.... " Maha said and ran with the phone to downstairs where Ammi was seated. 

"What happened? " Ammi

"Ammi look what she did today " I said

"It's okay Hussain beta in future you have to do shopping for Aliya Bahau na so this is a good experience  " Ammi said and laughed

"Ammi you too? " I said and sat on the sofa with little annoyed. 

"Oh ho Beta, Maha will get to do these for now only after that you will be busy and she is already missing her Bhai,  who bring sweets everyday and take her out whenever she want. that includes even at midnight " Ammi said

"Choti you will be my Choti forever and don't worry I will look for someone as cool as me, so you won't be free to miss your cool bhai " I said and made her blush

Then we all started to laugh and Maha was silent for few minutes and then she too joined. 

"But bhai one problem so I don't want someone like you because I can't drink milk for three meal" Maha said and started to laugh

"You.... " I said and started to laugh.

Then Dad also came home and we had some family time. After the dinner I was in my room. Maha came knocking and gave her phone with huge smile. I checked the phone to see a whatsapp message from Aliya.  I sat on the bed keeping the laptop away and Maha to left the room closing the door behind her. Aliya had thanked for the gifts and letter so I replied. At first she has thought Maha is replying.  It was not her fault. because it's Maha's phone and I am using.  I wanted to give my number but then it will brake the rules of our family. And I won't be able to work I will be glued to the phone. So it's better this way. and some little chatting won't be harmful. In my opinion.

I asked Aliya for reply for my confession 💞 when she said she wants to go. I knew her reply will be positive so with that faith I asked her. Then I got message which bought permanent smile to my heart.

"I love you ❤" Aliya

I felt so happy and can't believe.  My eyes my shy Aliya finally said. I started at the phone and the message for more than five minutes imaging her shyness and how she must be on the other end.

Then I checked her last seen it's 5 minutes ago

Then I checked her last seen it's 5 minutes ago. I never knew someone can love so deeply day by day. Because every time she do something I feel I am loving her even more. Yesterday I felt over the moon when I got the letter and today she made me feel so blessed and Thank Allah for blessing me this life and giving her love. No words can say exactly how I feel. Only the heart can be felt. That's call true love. For the sake of Allah.
With that thought in my mind the sleep over took me. 💓