1

Family is the greatest blessings.

Aliya's POV

"Come down now!" I heard my mum shouting like it was the end of the world. I quickly threw my phone onto my bed and ran downstairs.

I walked into the living room, I saw my mum's sister Aunty Shaziya and her eldest daughter my cousin Aaysha.

"Asalamu Alaikum" I greeted them ( a greeting in Islam )

"Wa Alaikum Salam beta how are you." Aunty Shaziya replied

"Alhamdulilah Aunty I'm good how are you and the others?" I replied I miss them I haven't seen them in a while even though we live close by

"They're all good Alhamdulilah." She smiled, then I ran to Aaysha and crushed her with a hug.

I love them so much because I've known them all my life and they always brought me sweet and gifts for Eid and other special occasions.

One year ago, Aaysha got married and now she's living with her husband in Dubai, who works there. She is so lucky!

I heard she came back to India 2 days ago for a holiday.I'm glad she came.

We catch up with what had happened in the past 6 months even though we always text each other everyday on WhatsApp but we had so much to talk about.

After talking so much, I went into the kitchen to make tea and prepare some snacks. Aaysha had followed me into the kitchen.

She washed the cups while I boiled the water for the tea.

Until I overheard my mum

"I cannot take the decision myself. She's our daughter I must discuss with her Abu (Father) and I will get back to you but please for now keep this between us I don't want anything to go out in case it doesn't happen and my daughter's reputation will be spoiled."

After hearing this I became so scared and nervous. So many scenarios had came into my thoughts but I couldn't assume anything without knowing so I just slid it off. Who was this boy?

I looked back at Aaysha but she was still washing cups, I could sense she knew something but she wanted to act normal and I want to hear whatever it is from my parents so I had to keep quiet.

**************

After, we served tea and snacks and I spoke to Aunty while her daughter spoke to my mum until the Asr Azaan went off. Alhamdulilah I really wanted to pray.

They wanted to go home and pray so I hugged them both

"Allahfiz beta, we will see you in two days" Aunty Shaziya said.

I knew it, something was going to happen, but I had to keep quiet

"Allahfiz Aunty, Insha'Allah we will see you soon. See you Aaysha." I greeted back.

After they left, mama went to pray and I quickly washed the cups and plates and went to do my wudu and pray Asr.

I love praying. It is the best remedy for inner peace. It's so relaxing and peaceful.

After praying, I did my dua to Allah (SWT)

'Oh Allah please forgive me for everything I did knowingly and unknowingly, You are the most forgiving, the most merciful. Allahamdulliah for bringing me into this life. Bless my parents for all the sacrifices they have done for me in the past 21 years.'

Whilst asking Dua I felt my cheeks becoming moist. I remembered the words of Aunty Shaziya to my mother. I was and am scared. 'Ya'Allah help me'.

I have never done anything against my mum and dads words, I always go out with them. They are my life. They are always first in my duas and prayers. I am blessed with beautiful and loving parents.

My only wish is to be the perfect daughter to them, to fulfill all their dreams and make them happy and always be obedient to them.

Yes, I have failed in the past but they are always there for me, they saved me from the evil and lead me to the right path.

Alhamdulilah.

I believe everything happens for a reason and is the plan of Allah (SWT).

I went downstairs, to make tea for my dad. Everyday I make him tea when he returns from the Masjid.

Currently it is 4.15pm. Whilst I prepared tea I put the biscuits on the table and then poured the tea into a mug.

I left it on the dinning table, and headed upstairs, to the rooftop to pick up the clothes from the washing line.

ring ring

"Aliya your abu is here I'm going down bring the rest down okay" mama said

I nodded my head and continued folding.

after folding everyone's clothes, I had left the basket in my mamas room and went downstairs to greet abu

"Asalamu Alaikum Abu." I smiled running to give a hug and then sitting beside him

"Wa Alaikum Salam princess." He replied with a kiss on my forehead.

He sipped on his tea and then frowned

"Abu did you not like my tea?" I asked worriedly

"No, Mash'Allah I love your tea beta there no cakes here today only biscuits" he replied, giving me a cheeky smile

"Abuuu you scared me, I'm sorry I didn't make any today, I forgot that the butter was over because Aunty Shaziya and Aaysha came around and mama was about to call you but then we got busy sorry. Maybe tomorrow." I explained smiling at him.

Later, we all had dinner and I was washing up until I overhead mama speaking with Abu.

"Like Aliya said, Shaziya came na and she was telling me about this boy for Aliya. He is a very good looking man, works in the Bank and she was saying how he will be a perfect match for our Aliya. I said I don't know I must discuss it with you and her. So what do you think?"

I waited for abu to reply but all I could hear was silence...

key:

Asalamu Alaikum : Greeting in Islam (May peace and blessing be upon you all)

Allahfiz : Goodbye

Beta : Child

Abu : Father

Alhamdulilah : All Praises to be in Allah (SWT)

Mash'Allah : Praising someone or something

================================

Jazzakallah Khaira for reading.

Please let me know your comments and suggestions. I need your comments to keep your expectations. Once again I like to say this novel is a fictional story. All are my imagination and no one is real. So please don't mind if there are any grammar mistakes.

Please do share with your friends.

Happiness is a journey so keep smiling. .