2

Trust Allah.(swt)

I waited for Abu to say something but all I heard was Abu's footsteps heading upstairs.

I gave up and then finished the washing and went to my room.

I am more of a writing person than a talking to someone. I prefer to write it all out, so I pulled out my Notebook and poured my heart out.

It's one of my favourite hobbies. It just so helpful for me. I can just write out all my thoughts which makes me feel good. I continued writing when I came to my last sentence and I heard a knock my door.

Mama walked in, "Beta, your Abu is calling you come quickly." 

"Okay mama I'll be right there." I replied with a cautious smile 

I put my notebook back in my cupboard and went into my parents room.

"oh my princess come, I need to talk to you about something." Abu said patting me to sit next to him.

"Yes Abu." I replied with a smile and he returned a smile with warmth . It made me feel safe and secure. Abu always smiles in every situation. Abu loves to stay optimistic however I was really nervous, I had so many thoughts in my mind

'Will he accept the proposal?'

'Will he reject the proposal?'

'How am I going to leave my house and family for someone I don't even know?'

 "Princess?" I heard a familiar voice interrupt my thought.

"Sorry jee Abu." I replied with a smile 

"Beta don't be upset with me, or your mama or your Aunty but today your Aunty Shaziya had brought a proposal for you. A good looking man, works in the Bank and from a rich family but I think he won't be suitable for you." He said with sincerity in his eyes.

I was shocked. Abu had realised my shock as I had not said anything. I was glad I don't have to leave home and them but confused why he rejected.

"Princess, you probably thinking why I rejected. Yes he's good looking, he's rich but I want to look for someone who follows the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), so he will treat you like a princess like I always have and take you to Jannah. Insha'Allah.

He should be obviously earning his money in a halal way because earning money which is not halal is not worthy for Allah. For the past years of your life I always brought your clothes, food, and everything with halal money and always earned with halal money. I love you princess and I want the best for you." He said opening his arms for a hug 

I ran into a hug feeling so safe in my fathers arms

I wiped my tears and looked up 

"Abu I know you always do the best for me and I trust you . I do not care about the looks or money as long he is good in heart and is practicing our religion. I trust your decision for whoever will be my future life partner and never the less he will have the best father in law. I love you too Abu." I replied giving one more hug to hide my tinted pink cheeks until Mama walked in.

She placed her hand on my shoulder and then I hugged her.

"Ahah someone's blushing." Mama laughed while teasing me.

I ignored her comments and ran out of the room.

"Good night mama and Abu i love you both." I shouted walking into my room.

Wow what a day! I thought whilst getting ready for bed.

That night, I couldn't sleep it was hard having so many things in my mind 

'Who will be my better half?'

'Where is he from?'

'What is doing now?' 

'How and will he ever find me?'

'Is he thinking about his better half'

Thinking about all this, I felt myself falling into a deep slumber.

****************************

'RING RING RING'

I heard the Alarm for Fajr Namaz, rubbing my eyes open I look at the time it is 04.30.

"Come on Aliya get up!" I said walking out of my bed to make wudu.

I completed my wudu and put my hijab and abaya on and started to pray. After praying, I recited the Quran for an hour and a half till I closed it and placed it on my shelf.

I started heading down to make breakfast for Mama and Abu. 

 Everything is ready, Abu and Mama had came down and then ate breakfast.

After breakfast, I heard Abu telling Mama that he was heading out.

"Okay I'm going to my old friend Hameeds house, he just came back from the UK recently and he tends to settle I also heard he is looking for a bride for his eldest son." 

He winked at me and walked out.

Leaving me in a very confused position again.