Chapter 14 (Edited)

I fiddled with the edge of my leather jacket while we were on our way to the pack that we were supposed to at. I was nervous that they wouldn't want to meet me, even though some of this pack had asked about me.

"Relax," Thaddie said, putting his arm across my shoulder, much to Coop's demise. He smirked when Coop growled at him. He didn't try to move his arm, even though my mate looked like he was going to kill him. "You will be fine."

"Ya, like I am not missing one of my Protectors, two of my Protectors are pregnant and can pop out a baby any month, and the fact that this pack is marked black," I said, sarcastically. "It's no biggie." I took Thaddie's arm off of my shoulder and moved a bit into Cooper to calm him.

"Not to mention that the Royal family of Witches, Werewolves, and Fae will be there," Becca piped up.

"Great," I groaned, burying my face into my mate's shirt. I smacked his chest when I fet him chuckle but smiled when he kissed my forehead.

"We'll be here to protect you," Cooper promised. "'Sides, I don't think you will need the protection because you are able to protect yourself."

I shrugged my shoulder. 'I still miss Vulcan,' I said to Cooper through the link. 'I wish he was here.'

Cooper squeezed my shoulder. He didn't say a word, but I knew that he missed him a bit. 'It's funny how a stalker doesn't stalk when he is upset,' Coop mused, causing me to snort. 'Can you sense him?'

I closed my eyes and focused on my bond with Vulcan. A grimace appeared on my face when I came up with a blocked wall between him and I. 'No,' I said, sadly. 'I don't know-'

I jerked forward when my Wolf snarled and started to pace. My heart started to beat faster, and I knew that an Innocent Wolf was in trouble. "Stop the car," I said, fiddling for my seat belt.

Rhett slammed on the brakes and looked at me. "Wha-" He didn't get a chance to say anything else when I unbuckled my seatbelt, stood, opened the car door, and ran into the woods.

As soon as I entered the woods, I shifted into my Wolf form and let my Wolf guide me to where there was trouble.

A couple of the Pack's Wolves growled at me because I passed territory line without being let across, but I didn't stop to state as to why I had crossed in the first place. And, when they did attack me, all I did was dodge but carried on my way to find and protect the innocent.

As soon as I got to the area that had the Innocent Wolf being attacked, I had about all of the pack's Warriors on my tail. I growled when one tried to bite me but ignored them when I spotted the Rogues around a seventeen year old female.

The girl was able to hold on her own, sort of. She easily dodged them, but I could tell that she had no idea what she was doing.

When one tried to sneak up behind her, I quickly shot a fireball at the Rogue and killed it. After that, I joined in the attack and easily took them down, not getting any injuries except for a bite on my shoulder.

The girl scowled when I took the last one down and glared at me. Her whole body was tense, and I could tell that she was scared. She knew about me, and I didn't know what all she had heard. "Thanks, but I didn't need the help from the likes of you," she spat, causing me to snort and roll my eyes.

Of course you didn't, I thought, sarcastically. That is why you kept looking around for someone to help you. I looked around to see that there were many of the pack-members were out of the packhouse and around me, cornering me in. My eyes landed on my brother, and I was glad that he was holding a bag of clothes.

"Always need an entrance, don't you, Ry?" Rhett asked, teasingly. He shook his head and sighed, mockingly. "What am I going to do with you?"

'Love me,' I replied, wagging my tail. 'Ooh, and pet me, duh.' I grabbed the bag from Rhett and trotted behind the trees. 'You can always scratch my belly and call me a 'good girl'." I changed into my human form and slid into my clothes. I grimaced when I moved my shoulder, hating the fact that someone had gotten a bite out of me.

'You alright?' Rhtt asked, worried.

'I'm becoming a chew toy,' I muttered, putting a bandage on my shoulder. I stepped out from behind the trees to see the female scowling at me. ""It's my job," I said. "Even if, you didn't need the help, I would have still helped. Rhett hates it when I help him out."

Rhett scowled and looked me up and down, trying to see if I was injured anywhere else. Relief filled his eyes when he saw that I was only injured on my shoulder and glared playfully. "That is because you are my little sister," he said. "And it's my job to protect you."

"And you are my big brother," I replied. "And, it's my job to protect you as an Innocent. Duh."

Rhett grumbled and let out a huff. "We need to get your shoulder checked out," he said, knowing full well that he wouldn't win this.

I grinned triumphantly and looked at the group that I had lead on a wild goose chase. I saw that the next in line Alpha was there, and he looked fuming mad. "I am sorry that I made you all go in a wild goose chase," I said, looking at all the warriors. "My job is to protect and help those that need it, even if they didn't want it." I gave a pointed look at the female who just scoffed and rolled her eyes. "My name is Rylan. I am the Alpha of the GreenRock Pack with Cooper Pierce as my mate. I know that some of you have heard about me. I can tell you that some of what you heard isn't true. I did not kill my parents." I nudged one of the dead Rogues. "I can tell when a Wolf is innocent or not. He isn't Innocent and is part of the group that has been making my life a living hell."

"If we can, Alpha Dominic," Rhett said, "go back to your pack so my sister can get checked out. I think the Rogue had done some damage to her shoulder that she isn't showing us." He scowled, causing me to grin innocently.

"I guess," the male, Dominic grumbled. He glared at his sister before shooting me a look of disgust. "Melina, I thought Dad had told you not to go out because of these Rogues. You don't have the proper training."

"Because, you two will not let me," the female, Melina, said. "I want to train."

"But you are weak. How will you survive?"

Melina growled and was about to lunge for him. She snarled when I moved in her way and glared. Her whole body shook, and I could tell that she was really angry. "Move," she said, her voice dangerous.

"No," I replied. "You have to show him in a different way that you are not weak." I studied her. I could tell that she was healthy, and I was sure that there might have been some implications with her birth. "All the pack members are going to have to train, even those considered "weak"." I glanced at Dominic. "This is a war, Young Alpha. And people need to know how to protect themselves."

"What? Are you saying that Pups are to fight full grown Wolves? How sick are you?"

I raised an eyebrow, shocked and appalled that he thought I would let Young Pups fight these Rogues. "Did that come out of my mouth?" I asked. "I didn't want Pups to fight, nor the sickly, the elderly, and definitely not the pregnant females. Hell, I have two pregnant Protectors, and we butt heads all the time because they want to do their jobs, and I won't let them."

"Bu-"

"Nope, your sister looks like she is well enough to learn how to fight. Nothing seems to be wrong with her. physically If you do not want her to fight against the Rogues, then at least let her learn how to protect herself and others. She needs at least that much."

Dominic glared at me before looking at his sister. His eyes glazed over, and I could tell that he was mind linking his sister. "Fine," he huffed, blinking his eyes. "But if she gets hurt..."

"It's training, she will get some scratches and bruising." I poked my shoulder and grimaced. "Nothing like this at least. That is something that I can promise you."