Chapter 11 (Edited)

I pulled out of her mind, furious at Chris. Something told me that not only did he reject Mitchie, but he had sex with someone else. And I knew that he knew that it causes the other person pain. "Did you have sex?" I asked, not taking sides just yet.

MItchie scoffed and rolled her eyes. She blinked back her tears, not letting me see the broken girl. "Before or after I met hem?" she asked, giving me an attitude. She sighed when I frowned and looked down. "Before I met him, I had sex," she said, honestly. "After..." She shook her head, and I saw more behind the mask and saw the broken girl. "I couldn't do it. He had sex that night and it uh..."

"Felt as if someone was punching you in the lower stomach with a hammer and a chainsaw," I finished. I shuddered, remembering the pain that I had been in before I was able to put this protective bubble around my lower region.

Mitchie nodded her head and took a deep, shuddering breath. "I know how it felt, so I didn't do it."

"Hey, what'd I miss?" Chris asked, coming over to us with Thaddie beside him. Both of them had huge tubs of ice cream in their hands. Chris was about to take a bite of ice cream when he looked next to me to see Mitchie. He placed the spoon back into his ice cream and gulped, knowing that he was in deep shit.

I glared at him, mad, pissed, and angry. "Why?" I asked, my voice hard.

He sighed and moved a hand through his hair, grimacing. "She hurt you," he said. "I can't just forget that."

"And, shouldn't you have talked to me first before you had rejected her?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Wait, what is happening?" Thaddie asked, confused. He turned to look at me before looking at his brother.

Chris shifted on his feet and didn't look at his brother. He had a grimace on his face while he tried to say something. "I... ah.... I found my mate," he said. "And I... ah... rejected her and had sex with others to hurt her."

I knew that Thaddie would be angry, but I didn't think he would be so angry as to punch Chris across the face making him fall to the ground. I acted, quickly, and grabbed hold of Thaddie, knowing full well that he would try to attack him.

"You. Are. A. Fucking. Asshole!" Thaddie roared, lunging for his fallen brother. He was stopped by Cooper and I, both of us grabbing hold of his arm and shoulder. "How could you do that to your mate?" His voice shook, and I was shocked to see that he was close to tears. "You don't know what you have until she is taken from you." He stopped trying to get out of our grip, keeping his head down.

My mouth became dry, and I couldn't help but feel a bit afraid. Something in me told me that Thaddie had met his mate, but she was killed. "Thaddie?" I asked, my voice hoarse. "Did you meet your mate?"

Thaddie nodded his head and took a deep breath. "Yes," he said. He took in a deep breath and let it out. "She was killed by the Rogues."

My grip tightened on his arm, my heart pounding in my chest. I cleared my throat and liked my lips, trying to moisten them. "Was she one of the ones?" I asked, my voice cracking.

Thaddie nodded his head. "She was the one where Liam had seen you latch on and suck her blood."

I took a deep breath and felt guilty about him having to see me drink her blood. "I-I-"

"It's fine, Ry," Thaddie said, his voice cracking. He forced a smile on his face while he looked at me. "I have forgiven you."

***

I bit my lip and chewed on it. Guilt gnawed at my heart while I let go of one of my best friends. I knew that he said it was fine, but that was his mate that had been killed by those fucktards. "I-"

I wasn't able to finish when Vulcan came and slammed me against a tree. I moved my hand to stop the pack members from attacking him, paying attention only to the enraged male. "Tu faci? (What are you doing?)" I asked, my voice hoarse because he was choking me.

"Und ese ea? (Where is she?)" he hissed, angrily. His grip tightened on my throat.

"În cazul în care este cine? (Where is who?)" I asked.

"Sora me. (My sister.)"

I blinked, not knowing what he meant. Something told me that she went back to her other brother and became a spy for me. "Am nevoie de ea acolo, (I need her there)," I said.

"Ea este sora mea, (She is my sister)," Vulcan snarled. "El o va omorî. (He will kill her.)"

"El nu va fi, (He won't)," I said, even though I had a small doubt as well.

His grip on my throat loosened. His eyes held determination, and I knew what he was thinking about doing.

Guilt tore my heart apart because I knew that I was going to have to order him to not go after his sister. I didn't want to, but I needed someone that I could trust on the inside, even if it meant breaking Vulcan's trust. "Eu comand să nu te duci după ea, (I order you to not go after her)," I said, using the bond between us.

Vulcan clutched his head and screamed. His hands shook, and I knew that he was trying to fight against the order. After some time, he stopped screaming and looked up at me. I could tell that he hated me at that moment. "Nu te voi ierta niciodată, (I will never forgive you)," he said before disappearing to Goddess knows where.

Tears pricked my eyes, but I didn't cry in front of my pack. I sat down on the ground and didn't move. Sparks tingled up and down my arm, and I leaned into my mate's touch, seeking his comfort.

"We will deal with everything later," Copper said, picking me up. He placed my face in the crook of his neck. "You can cry now," he mumbled while he walked away from the pack.

And, that was what I did. I cried my aching heart out, because I knew that I might not get my confidant back. I lost him because of this stupid quest to bring down that fucking God.